=1=

(A/N okay!! If you're here from the other two dhmis books I made then lemme explain that

VAL ISN'T IN THIS BOOK!

I put that in bold, italic, underlined, and caps cause some off y'all ironically can't read.

But yeah, Val(aka, me) isn't the main character so buckle up cause y'all will be reading about-)

(Adding this here, I am linking the two books though. You'll see)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The sound of rushing water was the only thing filling the room, a small tune being hummed as dish after dish was washed. A small low sigh escaped as the water stopped, an unnatural silence filling the room before a phone rang. A head slowly turned, tired eyes staring at a cell phone until it ended.

"I wonder who that could've been?"A low voice said, curiosity filling me. I walked over to my phone and glanced at the unknown number, my eyes narrowing behind my hair. Damn man. Before I left the room I made sure to block the number, knowing he'll just call me again with a new number. That old geezer. Still can't believe he wants me to work for- My body froze when my phone rang again, now annoyed as I hurried back to my phone. Who in the fu- The anger I held quickly dispersed at a certain name, a smile blossoming on my face as I answered.

"Hey Ha-"

"Hey Ca-" We both said, stopping before laughing.

"Heh, I needed a laugh. What can I do for you, Red."I asked, closing my eyes at his low chuckle. This man, I swear.

"Was looking at this 'Build A Friend' I got for me and Doi. Didn't know you added your own voice to it."He said, making me open my eyes.

"Oh ya know, easy few bucks. Why'd you get one? Getting lonely without me already?"I asked, leaving my kitchen to sit in the living room.

"I always do but our friend died recently and Doi's been having a hard time with it."He answered, concern written all over my face.

"Are you doing okay? Which friend was it?"I asked, trying to picture who. Maybe one of the teachers?

"Robin but.... It's fine. It's not permanent."He said, making me sigh. Right. He's still dealing with them. I smiled sadly as I relaxed on my couch, hearing him sigh made me miss him even more.

"How are.... The teachers."I asked, hearing a ruckus in the background.

"The usual. They appear a lot more nowadays than back then."He answered, a small chuckle escaping him.
"Tony's still around along with Colin. No more butterfly though."He added, making me grin.

"Oh thank god, I still remember him trying to pair me with you when he thought I was a woman."I laughed, signing at the end.
"Though his view was warped, I'm happy he brought us together even after changing his tune...... Still won't miss him though."I said which he chuckled at. I missed his chuckles.

"Cal?..... How would you feel about coming and visiting for a while? I know you don't want to run into.... Him but.... I really miss you and.... He doesn't appear anymore, at least not like before."He said, my heart fluttering as I took a moment to think.

"You're the only person I'd go to hell for. I'll pack right away."I said, hearing his shaky, relieved breathing which made me laugh.
"Harry, you know I'd drop anything in the world just for you. Even if it's that hellhole. I'll text you when I'm on my way."I added, my heart clenching at the thought of seeing that poor excuse for a man.

"I know how hard this is for you to agree to. Thank you, Cal. I love you and can't wait to see you."Harry said as I stood, my heart fluttering again.

"I love you too, Red."