Thankfully, there wasn't much to inspect since no one was caught snooping out of curfew hours and there wasn't a single soul who was causing mischief or trouble. Something that was missing this year more prominently compared to the other previous years. The presence of Fred and George definitely affected Hogwarts after their departure.

She did, however, meet a few other prefects from other houses doing their duties. Needless to say, they exchanged mutual pleasantries and left for their own ways without speaking much. Everyone was simply doing their jobs according to their roles and no one wanted to make anything difficult for anyone. However, as Aine walked past two Hufflepuff prefects, she could hear them whispering behind her back.

It was always the same...

Either it was about how Aine had gone crazy during the last task of the Triwizard Tournament, and how lost her mind in regards to Cedric Diggory's death, even though that was a couple of years ago. Or it was news about her father being murdered, and her family being hunted down by Voldemort.

Aine tries to brush it away, not wanting to think about it when she was enjoying her time alone in the empty hallways of Hogwarts. At least for today, she just wanted to allow herself to not be weighted by the burdens of what others had thought of her. She didn't care anyways, whatever was done was already done. Two deaths that were irreversible no matter how much she had begged for them to return. 

Once she was done doing her rounds, she headed for the highest tower in the castle. The moon was bright and full today, shining down right before her eyes ahead when she walked up the spiral staircase to the Astronomy Tower. There, she had seen the back view of Draco, leaning over the ledge as his robes fluttered when the wind howled by. His platinum blonde locks were neat and sleek as ever. 

He turned around when he heard footsteps and his face immediately softens at the sight of Aine, small smiles creeping onto their faces when they met. He offers her a hand when she approached him.

"Have I kept you waiting long?" Aine asks him, her voice silvery. She takes his hand and he led her next to his side, looking over the dark nightscape where the stars painted the skies.

Draco shook his head, "Not at all. I've just arrived as well. It was hard to shake away Parkinson earlier that I nearly thought I'll be late." He threw his head back and huffed, "Why is she so obsessed with me?" he said with annoyance.

Aine chuckled, "Would you like me to hex her for you?" she suggested with a devilish grin and Draco glanced back at her. He took a moment to actually consider it. Under normal circumstances, he would have taken that offer without hesitation but he didn't want Aine to get into trouble for him. Aine gave a short hum when he became unusually quiet for a long time. "My my, you're really considering it with great effort," she nudges him playfully.

"Don't worry, Draco. I'll do it discreetly if you're worried about Parkinson—" 

"I don't give a single ounce of concern to her, love," Draco interjected with a low growl. He even looked disgusted about the fact that Aine was worried that he'll be worried about the Slytherin girl.

Aine raises her brows at his sudden temper and Draco seethes his anger. He didn't mean to speak to her in such a manner that it seemed like he was lashing out at her. He bites down the urge to curse, today's events were hectic enough and for a second he couldn't hold in his emotions. He moves behind Aine and wraps his arms around her protectively, giving her a back hug. 

Aine tilts her head to meet his silver eyes, down to his pursed lips. He seemed apologetic and regretful and the girl didn't think there was anything to be sorry for. She could tell he had a hard day and that with everything going on, he was stressed.