𝟑𝟎 | 𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐀𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

She lifts her head, "Request?"

"At the expedition in a months time," I began, before explaining my own request. She listens in carefully, while wanting her to know I was serious. Swirling my coffee lightly in my other hand, my voice grew more firm. Her hums and grunts of approval were made, understanding she clearly understood the favour.

After finishing our drinks, I took both mugs about to walk off when I notice Levi and Eren just coming out of the forest nearby. They seemed to be in deep conversation, until Eren notices me and Lena.

Levi seems to take notice before matching my gaze, before I glance away feeling my cheeks warm up again. Trying to remain nonchalant about it I send him a nod, and quietly headed inside to quickly wash up my dishes before heading to the study gall.

//

Lightly drawing the grainy chalk along the blackboard, I layout the nape of the titan and how the human body is laid out. Setting out the reality of what it is assumed like, I hear footsteps entering the building.

"So......what do you guys need to talk to me about?" the timid cadet questions, while the squad guides him in. Hanji was perched upon the table beside me, while Levi quietly takes the chalk from my hands as instructed.

"Good news actually," Levi spoke up, as I leaned against the desk folding my arms beside Hanji. "There may be a way to stop you, without annihilating you first."

The young boy looks at him with confusion, "Sir?"

"In your titan form," Levi states, before turning to the picture I've laid out for him. He slightly turns back to Eren, "We may have some middle ground after all. A fail-safe, if you will....."

He then full turns back around and does small dashes, across the limbs carefully in diagonal lines.

"The method Akira and I have come up with will only leave you mutilated," he continues, while Eren glances in my direction before returning to the board with concern in his eyes. "Well, at least in theory. Depends on individual skill."

He soon finishes drawing the dashes across the limbs, before I push myself up from the desk.

"Essentially, we cut the entire nape from the body, with you inside," I come in, while gesturing to the layout. "That being said, your arms and legs will be severed half way down in the process, but seeing when you lost both arm and leg in Trost, you managed to regenerate somehow. So I have full faith with recovery, assuming that's the case too."

"Tch, creepy bastard," Levi mutters.

Eren's eyes widen, "Hold on a sec, I'm not really sure how they do it," he nervously spoke up. "I mean, they might but maybe it's not worth the risk that they won't."

A chill went up my spine for only a brief moment, as I side glance Levi's way only to see him narrow his expression. A still silence for only a moment,

"Oh, I see," Levi apprehends, giving such a dull expression towards the nervous cadet. I swear the boy is already afraid, you don't need to corner him in. "You're only up for this if there's no risk involved whatsoever."

"N-No...."

"Then be prepared, we're in the same boat," Levi warns him. "If you go on a rampage, you could kill us, so we're even."

Eren nods reluctantly, "Yes, sir, seems perfectly fair to me,"

"Just to be clear, I have the go-ahead, right?" I hear Hanji's excitement bubbling from her voice.

Levi nods, "We can't afford not to run tests," he replies. "So yes, you're good.....just try to keep him from going rogue right out of the gate."

Her glasses glint only for a moment, "Oh, not to worry, have a plan," She assures us both, with a more hush and secretive tone. "Eren. I know you're still a mystery to yourself, but we learn as we go. Knowledge is always worth the risk. I believe that."