Chapter One

Math. What's the point of learning this? Like algebra 3 and pre-cal were going to help me kick Drakon's ass.

I fiddled with my pencil and glanced up at the clock.

Ten...more...minutes until freedom- or some twisted high-school form of it.

Lunch. I hoped and prayed with every ounce of my being it was edible today. Was it too much to hope for tacos?

"Hey," Ron's attempt at whispering had half the class turned around to look at him in annoyance. We had an entire packet of worksheets to finish for homework...not to mention he interrupted my taco reverie.

"Do your work, I've got something to do after school and it's not going to be this fucking worksheet." I said, not raising my eyes from the math problem that I wasn't even thinking about.

"It's important" He pestered.

"What?" I asked peevishly. If I heard one more suggestion about the videos games I should buy for his birthday, I was going to lose my cool and snap the twig boy over my desk.

"Got a beep from Wade," He muttered, "Shego is up to something."

Just Shego? Without Drakon?
How unusual. Honestly, I was relieved that it was only Shego. She may not be what one would call reasonable but at least she wasn't obnoxious. I would really miss her company if she wasn't trying to kill me on a weekly basis. Her sarcasm was biting in an entertaining way; at least when it wasn't directed at me.

I stood from my desk fast enough to topple my chair. The class looked up, their mouths all mirrored surprised "o" shapes.

"Let's go."

I didn't have time for explanation. The very mention of Shego's name had me fevering for her touch. She was an almost. Almost what? I don't know. Almost something.

She was taller than me by a few inches, older than me by a year. We used to hang out before she was an active member of teamGO. She was...something. Inexplicable maybe.

She picked a side, I picked mine. Even if there was a spark of something, there certainly was no hope now. I couldn't even admit to myself what that spark was. It was something I should have been feeling for a quarterback or some muscled up jock. Instead I found myself locked in daydreams of grazing my lips across the pale skin of Shego's neck. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about it all the time. Everyone has a girl crush, right? Someone domineering and badass? What was NOT to like about Shego? Her tall curvy body, the way her hips cinched into a minute waist and expanded into a heavy chest- the way her long, thick hair crowded around her face when she looked down. Or how my heart dropped into my stomach acid when her piercing green eyes found mine.
She was an itch I couldn't scratch. She was an addiction to my mind. I was avid for her affection, for her lithe, willowy body and voluptuous hair.

She would explode into fits of mirth if she knew how she afflicted my thoughts when I wasn't concentrating on keeping her out, but still, I touched up my lipgloss in the car on the way to kick her ass.