•6• His right-hand •6•

Start from the beginning

I joined his side.
Wind blew through the grass in the field outside the castle, and the river's water seemed purer as ever.
"Yes, it's pretty."

Still holding the new staff in his left hand and looking outside, I felt Hunter's right hand brushing next to mine.

He took a good hold on it and gently squeezed. I squeezed in return.

I don't know what is going on inside of me. I've never felt like this before. It was strange. It was new.

Is this that 'love' thing that Raine is so sure I feel towards Hunter?

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Hunter's p.o.v

It's been a week.
A whole full week of feeling weird and fuzzy all the time.

Y/n, as my right-hand, stuck by my side all the time. We patrolled together, trained together and made my important decisions as the covenhead together.

I think that people in the castle are starting to take her seriously, now seeing her in action. I wonder if they'd treat her right if I wasn't nearby.

While patrolling, when the coast is clear, I'd shift closer to Y/n and sneakily take her hand in mine. She seems fine with me doing that.

I just can't explain it. It makes me feel better and warm inside. Just the biggest comfort I ever experience.

Because we didn't retrieve any palisman, my uncle sent us to get these explosive nuts from the arm's forest again.
Actually, I noticed that Belos stopped assigning me for missions. He even switched me with kikimora tomorrow.

I wonder when I'll tell Y/n about my connection to the emperor. It's irrelevant, and it's a secret, but something in her makes me want to open up and tell her every little thing. She is a good listener.

We flew to the arm's forest together using my staff, already knowing the way there.
I whistled a random tune while Y/n added to it by humming.

We didn't talk as we collected the nuts with the tree's leaves. We would work in a comfortable silence until one of us comes up with another melody.
Our hands would brush together from time to time as we put what we collected in the bag.

I wish I could see her face right now, framed with her hair. But this will have to wait until we get back to the castle and have some privacy. Only coven leaders can go around with their faces out in the open, although I only do it sometimes.

As we closed the bag and got on my staff back to the castle, I started thinking.

I am not supposed to see Y/n's face other than when I gave her the title. I am not supposed to be this close to someone, even if they are my right-hand.

All professional distance between us is almost completely lost. What would Belos say about this if he found out?
I think that I like Y/n a bit too much.
What could this mean, then?

Then we landed, and Y/n took her place closely by my side again. All my worries faded away as I secretly took her hand.
We make each other happy. I think this matters more than anything.

"I'll go report to the emperor. You are dismissed."
I gave her a light squeeze on her hand before letting her go into her room.

"Alright. Good luck!"

Her words are all I need.

I went to the throne room, but it was empty. I heard mechanical sounds from the side room he'd never let me go to.