OO. DISTASTE PROLOGUE

A fickle snow drop was I

A fickle snow drop was I. Once believed, as delicate as a flower and yet without notice I had already laid chaos upon my wake. I did not mean to, nor did I feel guilty about it- no. It was merely surprising, I did not want to be involved with these humans whether it was through affection or destruction.

I believed I was not but a phase to these humans, merely passing along the time until a so-called devil hunter or anyone for the matter would end my reign as a devil. As to me, we are inferior to humans, no matter how powerful we may be, we will cease to exist the moment humans lose their fear. We leave our existence in the hands of insensitive, hypocritical, vile, vile creatures per say. With this philosophy being the only thing I have held on to for life.

Not until the person whom I would come to hate in the future took me in.

I had believed that only a mere few human beings had even the slightest bit of courage to adopt a demon such as I. Nor the conscience to even bring home a helpless, grasping for an ounce of life creature in the wild to take care of.

They were my god.

My mentor.

My family.

Do not trust other so easily. They would tell me every so often but as any other human I've seen- they are indeed a hypocrite. They urge me to avoid trusting as quickly, yet it was okay for me to leave my whole life in their hands. I'm your only ally. They would answer when they see me wary.

I describe them as human and call them names that are acquainted to one, but as far as I can observe they are the farthest thing from such.

They- They scare me. Unlike any other human I have encountered, this person terrified me to an extent that I follow their every word to the bone.

They scare me more than any devil. They scare me more than any human. They scare me more than any monster. They scare me because I don't know what they are.

I do admit I'm quite naive and undeniably unknowledgeable in the world depsite being the fiend that I am believed to be.

With the amount of times I have heard that rumbling noise in hell whenever I die, accompanied by the darkness that surrounds me, the burning feeling in my limbs that I knew I didn't have. The memories of the past seeping in with a thousand emotions even a devil would never dream to have. Never in my life did I think someone like her would scare me.