26: i have you (always)

Fairy tale endings are rare to come by in reality. Because in reality at the end of it as much as everyone likes to hope. As much as everyone wants to experience something like the movies, they are only a figment of a writer's imagination or a person's dreams of what reality could be. In the rare percentage; Jennifer and David have been included.

After their wedding the newly wed pair jet setted off to a honeymoon. A honey moon that frankly was planned around filming schedules and the press related to the inevitable end for the show. The creators and the other four of the ensemble cast were not against the honeymoon in fact they were the ones who insisted it be done prior to the end. For privacy sake because as no one would like to admit, their privacy would only continue to be limited once the show reaches it's end. Which is how they ended up on the coast in Bali, enjoying the company of each other far away from any cameras.

Jennifer however carried around disposable cameras to keep capturing the moments of this time. Fond of being the one to capture her own pictures rather than a stranger with a zoom lens from the bushes. She called it her peaceful memories before life gets hectic once again. David secretly called it her way of taking back control. After nearly a decade of being followed by cameras this is the first time he had seen her smile when a camera gets seen. A sight he frankly thought he would not see. Ever. But the pictures Jennifer took captured what the paparazzi would die to see. Pictures that ranged from their room to the beach to food trips. Pictures of David just making her laugh. Pictures she would take of the two of them at the peak of their happiness and at the start of their lives together. Things people would want to see. Things that tabloids would want to write lies to twist things. But things she knew she wouldn't change for the world.

David on the other hand couldn't stop himself from looking over at his wife. It felt heart warming for him to call her his wife, and he can't hold back to the point that the public can hear it as well. He would steal glances at her and Jennifer would find it endearing. David would repeatedly call it his way of not believing that they made it. But Jennifer would follow up with 'you didn't have as much faith in us' jokingly of course. But David would just shake his head laughing 'it's just that people don't have second chances that's all.' This conversation would repeat itself throughout the times Jennifer would see David looking at her then look away like a teenager who got caught. Because after all... no one does get second chances everyone just wants to believe they have them.

They were having dinner on there last night when Jennifer took an impromptu candid picture of David across from her. The action caught David's attention.

"I figured that would finally get you to look up." Jennifer joked putting the camera down. "What's gotten you on your phone more recently honey?"

"Nothing." He shook his head putting his phone down. "Mom just checking in and asking for a detailed breakdown of what we've been doing." David smiled.

"She asked me the same thing this morning." Jennifer laughed.

"Oh really? So what am I now? " He counts on his fingers. "Tied for third with my brother in law?" He joked.

"Oh stop it." She put her hand on top of his. "You're her favourite over me just because she's your mother."

"And you're Jennifer Aniston!" David laughed exemplifying that her name does in fact hold a lot of notoriety and status.

"Correction it's Schwimmer now." Jennifer waved her fork in the air.

"It's nice that she actually talks to you, probably more than me." David said looking at the menu in front of him.

"Don't get jealous now, you're her little boy. Even if you're not so little now." Jennifer looked over at what she would order. The two who normally don't have the pleasures of going out for dinner more often than they would like back home took up that luxury on their honeymoon. David would end up picking the place but Jennifer has never not liked any of his choices, except when it comes to picking out what she would like to order.