My Tour Guide

**Sentences in bold are spoken in English.

It was my first time in Cambridge, In fact my first time out of Thailand in general. Frankly, I wasn't willing to come here in the first place. But maybe it was my destiny to come here.

I was an emotional love sick fool who followed my childhood sweetheart to the other side of the world.

Little did I know that all the warnings and hints given to me by my friends and my brother were supposed to be taken seriously.

"I want to fulfil my father's dream of becoming a top notch lawyer from Harvard Law School."

That's what she told me. And I was too eager to fulfil her dream. I gave up my savings to get her admission done. And here I am seeing her in front of me kissing some foreigner, wearing the kind of clothes I never imagined she would be comfortable in.

In a second, my 12 years vanished in thin air like my tears vanishing on my jacket.

But I can't say I wasn't prepared for it. To be honest, it was always just me in this relationship. But now I am officially dumped.

But I had promised my brother that if I will find her in any such situation that they all feared after not receiving a single call or message from her for last 3 months, I will move on.

I had also promised that I will not waste this trip. So I will fulfil the promise to my brother.

There is only one problem though. I don't know how to speak in English so clearly. I have been using google translate for so long. Well, maybe the first thing I will do after going back home is to learn to speak in English.

I saw Cambridge Square board in front that said 5 KMs. So I decided to walk in that direction.

After a point of time I was literally lost and there was hardly any network in my phone so the maps and google translate was also not working.

Frustration took over and I sat down on the side of the road feeling anxious.

"Excuse me." A voice came from behind.

I turned to see a tall built guy smiling brightly at me.

"Hi. Do you need any help?"

"I... Ummm.... I am lost... Oops... I mean... Yes. I am... Cambridge Square?" I stuttered trying to form a sentence.

"What? You are Cambridge Square? Great! Then I am Harvard Square! Hahahahaha" He laughed out loud holding his stomach.

I felt irritated and turned to leave.

"Hey Wait." Suddenly a hand stopped me from behind. I turned to see the same guy stopping me with worried expressions on his face now. "Sorry I was just... Insensitive? Sorry. Do you need a tour guide?" He asked.

I glared at the hand he was holding so strongly.

"Oops. Sorry." He left my hand and tucked his hands in his back pockets. "So I was asking do you need a tour guide?"

Even if he is annoying, but he is the first person who is willing to help me. And I really have no choice. "Yes. You... tour guide?" I somehow managed to form a sentence.

"Yes. Hi my name is Ohm." He extended his hand.

"Ohm? Asian?" Instead of shaking his hand I asked him instead.

He smiled and took back his hand hesitantly. "I am born and brought up in Cambridge. But yeah my parents are from Thailand." He said. "What's your name? And where are you from?"