She gazed at Edmund, whose attention was still on his little light contraption.

"I'll never part with you again, my precious," he murmured, and stroked his beloved torch gently.

She lightly giggled with her hand over her lips at his absurd behaviour, prompting him to glance her way. He broke into a grin, knowing he was the reason behind her giggle.

"You're funny," she commented, "who knows whether it still works if we ever get back to Earth."

"If?" Edmund repeated, but Charlotte's attention was already lost to the Telmarine King.

"And that's not all, Charlotte," Caspian shared as he fished out a delicate crossbow from under a table, "I also thought to preserve Queen Audrey's crossbow."

Charlotte placed the sword down on the table, her attention now fixated on the crossbow. She examined the sweet combination of wood and iron metal that were weaved together into an elegant yet lethal weapon. She would have liked to imagine that her mother was just like that in her own youth — a graceful and sophisticated Queen on the exterior, but a fierce and mighty warrior within.

"Oh, Caspian..." Charlotte's eyes gleamed with joyful tears as she held the weapon. "I can't believe you remembered this."

She jumped into his arms in gratitude of his gestures. When she let go, she wiped some sentimental tears and smiled sweetly. Edmund cleared his throat in an aloof manner, calling their attention.

"What's this?" He pointed towards a dagger hidden away in the cupboard. "Seems made of Narnian material, and it looks vaguely familiar, like I've seen it before. Do we know who it belongs to?"

He pulled it out of the cupboard for everyone to take a look. Caspian and Charlotte approached him, examining the dagger. While Charlotte's eyes widened in shock, Caspian smiled and stretched out his hand.

"I found this lying around among the ancient rulers' chests, General Glenstorm said it belonged to the ancient Queen Jillian," he shared, taking it from Edmund for the girls to examine the weapon, "I thought it might be useful for my voyage, but we haven't experienced any short-range battles on the Dawn Treader."

Lucy took it from his hands, mentally visualising the differences in comparison to her own weapon. Charlotte stood closer, observing the intricate design of its handle.

"Caspian, that's what I was trying to say earlier," Charlotte nodded her index finger at the small object, "this was what got me taking off to Earth back then."

"But why?" Caspian tilted his head quizzically. "I'm not following well."

"Charlotte thinks her aunt might've been Queen Jillian because Queen Jillian seems to have known the Sagacious King and Graceful Queen in their lifetime in Narnia," Lucy filled him in, while Charlotte nodded in agreement, "but in our world, her aunt seems to have no memory of it."

They all anticipated Caspian's response. He seemed deep in thought, clearly pondering over her words. He folded his arms, with a frown on his features.

"That is odd..." Caspian thought aloud. "It makes me wonder if Susan might ever forget this place... Or... Forget me..."