"He's a grown man Kairo"

Kairo shook his head " Yeah fucking right. He's barley fucking wet behind the ears. Look at the predicament you're in now"

Sylvester threw his hands not willing to take any accountability "All I did was try to help him, I never wanted it to go sour. But law is law you out of all people should know that especially you Giovanni"

Kairo cut his eyes at Sylvester intervening before Giovanni could retort "Cut the fucking bullshit. After this you leave our cousin alone ight? He don't owe you shit"  With a signal of a finger Giovanni tossed the bag across the table making Sylvester have to react quickly "Call it even"

Sylvester ashed out his cigar before unzipping the bag when his eyes was met with the contents in the bag he shook his head "Fellas. Jahdiel owes me way more than whatever you think this is worth. I will spare him on behalf of your father but he will owe me for life"

Kairo laughed. He tried to reason with the man but the greed that radiated off of Sylvester put him in a bad place "I tried to spare you on behalf of our partnership , but family first" Kairo stated as he pulled his gun from his waist band remembering the saying his father use to tell him.

Two in the chest
One in the head

Giovanni sucked his teeth as Sylvester slumped over the chair lifelessly "I was supposed to shoot"

"Grab the bag Gio and let's go" Kairo swiftly handed the gun off to Bo as he wiped it down clean entering the car service that was parked outside he waited for Giovanni to join him.

"That's what I'm talking about! We look out for family" Giovanni boasted anytime blood was shed on the other side. It was an adrenaline rush and Gio was addicted to violence.

"This is the last time we help him. You make sure that gets through to him" Kairo said firmly doing his best to not let his brothers foolishness bother him

"He gets it" Giovanni defended

Kairo chuckled "Does he?"

"Why you tripping so hard"

"I'm tripping because killing him means we're loosing out on millions of fucking dollars"

Giovanni mugged Kairo"Everything's about money with you. Just like your father that's how you lost Sydney"

Kairo's hands moved faster than his brain as he quickly jerked Giovanni up "I'm about my business and whatever the fuck Jahdiel calls himself doing isn't  good for that or my pockets" Pushing Giovanni by his jacket Kairo fixed his own dress shirt "Don't mention her again Giovanni or I will kill you"

The untouched subject. Giovanni knew the right buttons to push when going at it with his brother and vice versa. But everyone knew the mention of Sydney LaBell was the lowest of lows. "Get your ass out of my car" Kairo said sternly as he kept his eyes straight ahead

"You gonna put me out on the side of the road?" Kairo gave Giovanni no response enforcing Giovanni to exit the vehicle once it came to a stop. Kairo exhaled deeply trying to calm himself down before he reached his home, he had been anticipating getting back there. All day he wondered if Sade ended up staying or did she leave as soon as he left.

The whole elevator ride he weighed different scenarios until he reached his floor. Upon entering he could hear faint jazz music coming from his living room where he found Sade sitting on the floor in front of his gold vinyl record player as her bottom rested on a plush pillow. She had a glass of wine in her hand as she swayed to the music with her eyes trained on one of the many books she had laid across the floor. "I see you've made good of your time" Kairo said announcing his presence. As always he held a dozen of pink lilies causing a smile to be embedded on Sade's face.