When Graham pulled back from the kiss, he was flushed, excited and ready to claim her as his. He could break the pre existing mating bond because they hadn't completed it yet. Then he'd mark her as his and take her. Man, woman and wolf self all combined. And then he saw it in her face.

"Graham, that was a nice kiss, and the sentiment was great. But no." she told him straightforward, not trying to lessen the impact. She wouldn't lie to him. "It's not that I don't love you as a friend, but you and I, we're not connected in that way. I do have something with Enrique, and it's not just my wolf. He's been... he's my Spaniard. It's just always been that way, and I can't deny the fact that I have loved him for a long time. I just could never admit it because he's my best friend." She rested a hand on his cheek and kissed him on hte lips. "You're remarkable, and a great man, but I'm not the one who wants to claim you. She's been waiting for years to make you notice her and even a newcomer like me has realized that eventually, she's gonna knock you off your feet." He pulled away from her and sat up, back to her. The rejection stung, but it took him a moment to realize that his wolf didn't care. It was the ego of the human that hurt.

"I'm sorry." he offered lamely. Julia laughed softly and he looked at her.

"Graham, I got to lay in bed and make out with one of the hottest guys at school. It was a good way to make me feel better, that's for sure. But I'd rather be your good friend. And I think you feel the same too." she offered, standing up and walking around hte bed to be in front of him. She offered him a hand up. "I need my family more than ever now. You guys, my friends, that's the family I have left." the smile left her face, but she didn't cry. "I don't know what's happening, and I am scared. But I do know that if I ever need you, you'll help me. It's what family does."

He looked down at her, just realizing how physically fragile she was but amazed at how much power she had radiating around her. Not even aware of her Omega self, she was able to slip in past the defences he had in place and soothe his hurt. "You are absolutely right." he agreed and hugged her tightly. There was a snarl of frustration but he ignored it, not aware that something had been trying to provoke him.

"I think I'm going to grab something to eat, then head to the hospital to sit with John." She listed her plans out loud. It seemed to help him, knowing where she'd be, and usually it chafed her, having someone be that over protective, but it didn't now.

"I'll give you a ride over. But ah... one question. Who was this girl you said wants me?" he asked, grinning. Julia laughed, a quick bark of sound.

"You are so oblivious sometimes!" she snorted. He frowned and growled at her.

"You're one to talk. I was putting damn notes on your locker! You couldn't look at me and figure out green eyes? Come on, how many people do you know that have green eyes?" he mocked.

"More than one." she smirked at him. "Oh, that reminds me. Chopin, favourite pianist or personal icon?" she asked, grabbing her change of clothes. She stepped into the bathroom to change while he waited outside.

"Favourite pianist." he replied, then grinned at Enrique who had just walked in. He leaned over and whispered to the other wolf, "you're very lucky. She loves you." he grinned, suddenly happy for his friend. His rapid mood change should have been an indication that someone or something had been forcing that anger, rage and hatred on him, but he didn't notice it and Enrique was too elated to realize it. Speaking up louder, he spoke for Julia's benefit. "One day I will get that name out of you, but I think the next body guard has arrived for duty so I'll see you later." he winked at Enrique and took off before she could yell at him.

"Body guard?! What the hell?" she shouted and opened the bathroom door to pronounce that she did not need a freaking body guard and who were they to determine something like that without speaking to her first. And then she saw Enrique standing there, grinning at her. "Ah..oh." she trailed off at seeing him. Nice body guard... she thought to herself, and grinned at him. Now that she'd admitted to Graham how she felt about Enrique, she felt no awkardness about it. So she crossed her arms, cocked a hip and looked him over without blushing. "So you're going to guard my body eh?" she teased.