Chapter 5: Rememberance of an old friend

[Lui's pov]

"Where are you taking me?" I asked as the Black Wolf pulls me with him. Puro is holding my paw firmly and dragging me with him towards somewhere around the outside of the laboratories. Colin is following us from behind, calm and observant of him as always. "I must show you something. You will find it awesome." Puro states as he drags me towards the back of the laboratory. I follow him, until I noticed a pond. The same pond that Doctor K has been working on for over a year now, and the trees of the forest surrounding the pond has flourished spectacularly.

I can't help but stare at the beautiful scenery as Puro pulls me through the trees. Green filling the entire view, and the waters of the pond glistens the beautiful reflection of the sun as we get closer. Eventually we reached a clearing of grass from the trees, and I noticed two tombstones sitting next together with various flowers sprouting and blooming around the two graves. We stood by the two graves, and Puro lets go of my paw before kneeling down on the flowers to pick up a few flowers. Puro picks up a red rose and a blue rose.

"Is it your first time finding these tombstones?" Puro asks as he gently place the red rose over the grave on the left. "Yeah, I didn't know these were here. Doctor K usually never lets me go too far into the pond. Who's Prima and Jake?" I asked as Puro gently places the blue rose over to the grave on the right. Puro then stands up and turns to look at me. "Let's go find a clearing closer to the pond, and then we talk about them there. Human, are you going to come with us?" Puro asked and we turned around to look at Colin. The White Wolf gave us a nod followed by him giving us a smile.

[Scott's pov]

I opened the two doors leading to the lobby, and I entered the room as I carry a box held by my two arms. I can only see Doctor K being present in the room, sitting on the office chair as he types away on the computer on the lobby desk. "Where are the others?" I asked as I approach the lobby desk before putting the box down beside the computer on the desk.

I gently opened the box, and inside are cans of food and bottles of water. Food and water, enough to last for the trip to the destination and back home. I closed the box and turned to look at Doctor. It seems he's too preoccupied by the computer that he didn't notice me ask. Doctor K glanced at me and he took his paws off the keyboard. "Sorry, I was too busy mapping out the directions we need to take to get to the crash landed ship. Puro told me that he will take Lui to the pond. Colin followed them outside." He replied as I stood next to him before leaning my head close to the monitor of the computer to see the screen clearly.

"Perhaps Puro wanted to introduce our old friend to Lui. Is this the map of the ruined society?" I asked and Doctor K gave me a nod. "Yeah, and this is where we make our first move. Articles have mentioned about the last location of the ship being at the outskirts of the city, South side. It mentioned about the ship making it's impact through an industrial plant. We should be able to find it at the other side of the ruined city, opposite of the laboratory."

"Can we use this opportunity to scavenge for books along the way?" I asked and Doctor K looks at me, tilting his head while staring at me. "Why do we need more books if we have so many in the laboratory?"

"I appreciate the books being a form of entertainment, but it would be nice to supply Puro and Colin with more books as their form of entertainment. They have been reading a lot, and I think they've read half of the books of our library. Don't you think it will be a nice gift for the two?"

[Lui's pov]

"Prima was a hero, despite being born cursed with power. Someone controlled him, but despite the attempts he didn't use this power against us. Unfortunately, he was too powerful to be left alive, and he took the opportunity of taking down a powerful being only he can take down, in return for sacrificing his life. Scott asked for Prima's gauntlet after his death, but in the end he returned the gauntlet back into his grave. Did you know, Prima has a sword? Prima wanted Scott to keep his sword, but until this day we don't know where Scott took the sword. Scott doesn't even mention about it since then, and refuses to reply whenever the whereabouts of the sword is questioned."

I look at the glistening waters of the pond as Puro further explains more about this Prima that I never got the chance to meet. It is a shame that he has to meet his end like this, but I understand that some things must be done for the greater good than cowardly avoiding death for selfish reasons of saving one's self. I looked at Puro, and I noticed him panting, presumably tiring out from the explanation he's given to me just now.

"Are you alright?" I asked in worry and he gave me a thumbs up with his right paw raised. "Finally! I feel relieved with that out of the way. I've been meaning to tell you all about Prima since your return to the laboratory. If only Human can speak and help me with the explanation, I wouldn't have to tire myself out like this." Puro commented on how silent Colin is, and both of us looked at the calm Colin.

Calm Colin isn't calm anymore as his expression turned to a shock, before beginning to sob and tear up. "Hey hey! Human, I was only joking!" Puro immediately wraps his arms around the sobbing White Wolf, embracing Colin close to him. "I understand your difficulties with being unable to speak. I'm sorry if that went a bit too harsh. Don't cry now, Human." Puro continues to comfort the sobbing Colin, and I can't help but smile at the sudden commotion of the two, even though I don't have a physical lower jaw for facial expressions, but my visor will help with my smile anyway.

My attention was immediately caught over by the thought of the second tombstone just beside the grave of Prima. I dropped down my smile and I walked away from the two, leaving the two together since I don't want to bother their moment. It took me a minute to return to the two graves, and I slowly kneeled down close to the grave on the right. I took a closer look at the tombstone of the second grave. The first line reads, "Here lies, Kai the black latex dog.". The second line is probably the date of birth and the date of passing, but it has been scratched over aggressively that the line is illegible to make something out of.

"Kai. A good name."