The North Courtyard: WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!

The five of us were in the North Courtyard on our way to the Great Hall, when I heard two people chattering in low voices. They sounded around like they were fifth years or something like that. My attention shifted, however, when Hermione tripped over Ron's foot and dropped all of her books. Everyone was helping pick up her books, except Ron, who was busy being lectured by Hermione.

The boys were up ahead and we were trailing behind, when I heard one of the fifth year boys call my name. "Excuse me, Sophie!" I turned around as Hermione and Ginny kept walking, but I noticed that they stayed within earshot. 

I turned around and saw two Hufflepuff boys, one of which was Cedric. I walked towards them. "Hey! What's up?"

His friend chuckles and says, "Hey, Sophie. Cedric here has something he wants to ask you."

He nudges Cedric forward, and then his friend just walks away. Cedric looks down at the grass. "Sorry about that." I wave it off and say that it's fine, and he nervously continues on. "Um, well, I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime?"

His face turned red, and he started to turn away. "Nevermind, sorry-" I interrupted him by grabbing his arm and turning him back around. I smiled and blushed, letting go of his arm. 

"Sure, I'd love to! I have a long paper to write for Professor Snape, though, so I'll get back to you by Thursday."

He smiled. "Okay! See you later!" and he walked away.

I went and joined Ginny and Hermione and grinned. "What just happened?" I squealed.