"Hm?" The white-haired boy looked over.

"You should show the Hunter Exam some respect!" He spoke in an irritated voice, his tone clearly reflecting on his face.

"What do you mean?" 

"Why are you using a skateboard?! That's cheating!" He pointed down at the boy's skateboard he was clearly riding on with his index finger.

"Why?" The younger boy glanced down from his skateboard back up to the older male, confused.

"This is an endurance test!" 

"No, it isn't." A voice piped in, sounding younger and more high-pitched as he jogged up to the both of them.

"Gon, what are you saying?" The older boy's face looked irked and confused as the boy called 'Gon' continued, explaining. 

"The examiner only told us to follow him."

"Who's side are you on!?" He protested, looking betrayed at Gon's input as the white-haired boy lidded his eyes, taking interest and slowing down a little to meet his pace with the other boy who looks to be his age.

"Hey, how old are you?" Blue eyes scanned over the spiky-haired boy's attire, humming to himself.

"I'm 12." Gon answered, his attention drawn to the other boy with curiosity.

The boy on the skateboard looked to be in thought. They were the same age after all... The latter tilted his head to the side, wondering what the other could be thinking of.

Kicking the skateboard he had under him into the air, he skillfully landed on the ground and caught it in his arm, jogging beside the spiky-haired boy, "I guess I'll jog too."

"Uwoah!! That was so cool!" The boy with the black spiky hairstyle with green underlining within admired the boy's fancy trick with the skateboard.

"I'm Killua."

"I'm Gon!"

You watched them interact with each other fondly, thinking once...no, twice about maybe approaching them too. But, you weren't too sure.

Why were you hesitating? It's just your friends. But, they didn't know that either. Would it be better to play it safe and protect them from a distance or befriend them now and it'd be like old times with the exception of you watching over them?

You didn't know. You don't want to go through the pain of getting hurt again either, emotionally that is.

You missed them. You really did. But, you weren't supposed to be here in the first place or exist. You knew how it'd all play out and it could go like how it should be before you entered this place. 

Because of your existence, you messed up everything.

If only—...if only you hadn't existed—

"Hello, are you okay?" 

You snapped out of your small spiral, looking over to the side where you found a blonde-haired individual with grey eyes dressed in a blue and red cape..? As an overlay. You never really knew what he exactly wore but you find yourself comforted and tense at the notice of your friend.

"You were spacing off and looked troubled." He continued upon notice of the lack of response from the smaller boy.

Ah. Did it really show on your face that much..?