Chapter 21

A/N
Real quick before this chapter I just wanna say I'm working on a new book call My Heart is Split on You and this one will be permanent. It's on Mikey Murphy and Jack Johnson (Yes I know one is a viner/singer and the others a youtuber but whatever!) Make sure to go check that story out it would mean a ton!!💖💕

I woke up in my yard as the sun poured into my face. I was lying on the blanket but the movie screen was put away and Hayes wasn't there.

I got up and saw a note.

Dear Em,
You're a great girl and deserve a great boy, and I know there is another Angel somewhere in this world that is helping you through your difficulties... Go find that Angel and tell him that it is ok.
~Hayes
Hayes really is like a big brother to me and it was so nice for him to support me.

I jumped in my car still clutching the
note and drove over to the hospital. I checked in and the lady said I could probably see Luke in a couple minuets and they would try to wake him.

After all this waiting and waiting I finally got to see my him. The doctor led me to his door, smiled and gestured for me to go in. Now was the time, now I would find the truth....

I opened the door and walked into the dark room. I saw a bed near the window and slowly started walking towards it. Tears were forming and trickling down my cheeks.

I walked over to the bed and saw a pale, bruised boy with eyes that were red and dry blood all over his nightgown. I couldn't even say his name I wasn't even sure if it was him.

"Luke...." I managed to say in between tears and breaths. He looked over at me and winced in pain I could tell that it hurt. "It's ok baby I'm here for you" I said crying as he stared at me. His hair was in a mess and I pulled it away from his face kissing his forehead. "It's ok baby" I whispered into his ears.

"Emmm" he barely said and I couldn't tell if it was even meant for me. He coughed and spat up more blood. "Luke!" I called a nurse in only to figure out that it was normal.

Luke coughed a couple more times and it hurt me so much to see him in pain. It made me want to change
bodies with him. There wasn't much to say so we just looked into each other's eyes for a while.

"You know Luke, we will only have three months left and, I can't leave you, we are going to have a blast no matter what, even if your paralyzed I want to spend a lifetime with you" I said crying as I bent down gently kissing his lips.

Luke didn't say anything but tried his hardest and lifted his hand up as I lifted mine too and we held hands for a while until Luke fell back asleep.

Luke would be in this dreaded room with white floors and green walls for a week before he could come home. But he needed special care and attention at home 24/7 for one more week so basically we wouldn't be alone at all for two weeks in a row.

It hurts me to see him in pain and there's nothing I can do about it. More tears streamed down my face and steamed my cheeks.

I left and decided to visit the little green house that was in the hospital.
I went in and sat down on a bench while tears streamed down my face.

All I could think of was Luke and nothing else. I prayed to God and asked for help. All of a sudden the sun shone a bright light down into the garden.

A figure walked out of the light and sat down next to me. It was an older man with a cane. "Nice day isn't it?" He asked me "Ya I guess" I said sulking "Hey don't be down on yourself the sun's shinning and the flowers are blooming what could be worse?" He asked "Nothing" I said very quietly "Listen in life you are going to hit rock bottom and you need to keep your head above the water and I know that you will shine" he said I was going to answer but he got up and walked away back into the light