Chapter 3:This House

I stopped as I looked around. I was a bit curious. It was big like a castle yet it wasn't really a castle. I wondered how many rooms were in the mansion, but before I could think anything else something pulled roughly at my neck with huge force making me fall off balance. "Stupid beast! Pay attention!" I had fallen on my shoulder scraping it on the driveway.  I'm gonna be covered in bruises and scratches by the end of the day. I heal pretty well so so far no scars despite bad situations I've been in. Though Delo heals pretty fast too so maybe it's normal? I noticed the dark-ish ugly looking dirt on the outside of the mansion that moment. This place looks horrible. Vilo looked at me and said, "The gardener has been too busy to work outside to clean this all up. Though the garden is exceptional and beautiful." I blinked in surprise. He seemed to enjoy this garden. Though why does he have to be so aggressive? Well then again none of the other masters had a reason not to be aggressive. I guess it's how it is. I quickly got up and I followed behind reluctantly. I started wondering what my reason for being here for was. What he wanted me to fill in for. I wouldn't really know till later which bothered me, but well maybe he would want to eat me for a special dinner which I ruled that out because it was an assumption. Plus he isn't a cannibal right? It's not really normal anyway. The man, or maybe I should call him Vilo, opened the door and the first thing I noticed was the inside tile floor was surprisingly very clean unlike the outside were everything looked like it was black and ugly. What was inside from what I saw were fur pelts on the left wall, one with a large head of a brown haired wolf, servants scurrying everywhere in and out of room doors left to right, nice furniture, the nice shiny clean floor, and a tense aura that caused all the servants to look at Vilo, then continue walking. All servants looked human yet I didn't know exactly for sure. To the left of the front door, In the kitchen which was all the way at the end of this hall of doors and furs was people yelling. I noticed a boy and a girl. I think they were friends or brother and sister, but they looked the same so maybe twins? A man was yelling at the boy and swinging his knife scaring him. Is he the chef? "You will both work on this floor till its clean and spotless!" The girl whined in protest. "But can't we wait till after your done with the room so then we can clean it and it doesn't get dirty?" The chef gruffly laughed "So then you can scurry away and never come back? NO! Start cleaning right now!!" They both just went with it. Yelling "Yes Chef Vacili!" I looked at them with pity but I had to realize my situation. They were like five or six. Human by the looks of it though. I looked to Vilo and he's shuffling through some mail he got from the mailbox at the door. Then I heard another yell but it seemed like it was in my ear. It was more like a screech. "EEEEE HE'S SO CUUUTE!!!!~" I panicked and fell backward onto my back holding my ear. I saw a woman kneeling down looking at me with such big eyes. "Sarah don't scream like that." He said covering one of his ears in annoyance. "His name is Sky. He will be living here from now on. As MY pet." Sarah looks at him in confusion. The emphasis he said on my struck her attention, and then she simply asked "A pet? Why aren't the other ones you brought home pets? I mean what's so different about him?" She pauses to look at me again, and in surprise she gasps. "Oh my! What pretty eyes and fur he has. His eyes are like pure gold, and his fur is a beautiful white!" There it is again. The difference everyone saw even me. Vilo looked at her for a moment and then just sighed. "This conversation is over until later, I'm quite busy if you don't mind." She looked at him in dismay and started pouting, "Your always busy! You never have time for me anymore!" Vilo looks at her coldly "So what? Why is it so important to you? It's not like we are married." She looks down like shes about to cry. "S-Sorry Vilo...it's... just." Her face was clouded, when he turned to just walk away and drag me over down the hall with him towards the kitchen. The look she had after he said that showed she was very sad, He's so cruel! She obviously really cares for him. Maybe she's actually in love with him though. Looking into the kitchen which we walked into I saw the two kids running around cleaning as fast as they could. The girl on the cutting boards, the boy washing the floors. Vilo looks to the chef. "Vacili, take care of my pet why don't you.  Ask the maid to get him cleaned later. I have to go to a meeting because of your knife incident from yesterday." Vacili just looks to the side scratches the back of his head. "Not my fault the stupid mice were everywhere." Vilo looks at him wide eyed and full of irritation. "Are you implying its my fault for that disaster?! Maybe I should take your job back down to dog feeder!" Vacili instantly looked scared. "No sir I'm sorry! I wasn't implying that!" He waves his arms in dismay. Vilo returns to normal. "Good." As Vilo takes the leash off me and hands it to the chef he then leaves. The two kids look at me and start whispering. "Get to it." Vilo says as he leaves the kitchen.