Chapter 1

After all the teasing, everyone went and party celebrating Gray and Juvia's marriage. Lucy's now finished taking her chosen food from the buffet table, and is now looking for a table to eat at. She looked around and saw Natsu, talking with Lisanna. This sight made her heart clenched, although she knew and thought that Lisanna has a boyfriend. She still wandering why Natsu's not approached her the entire time, did she do something wrong? She didn't know, so she just sighed and looked around once more, and saw Levy, together with Gale on a table, she smile and started to walked towards them.

"Mind if I join you?" She asked Levy. The latter looked up and smile. "No, I don't mind, come on Lucy, have a sit." Lu, mattered a small thank you and sat down.

"Sooo, Who's the lucky guy Lu?"

"What!? I already told you, there's no one."

"Really? That's a bummer, but is there a certain someone you like?"

Lucy blushes, but then remembered that the person in her mind was and still ignoring her, and answers " Levy, I don't want to talk about it."

"Come on Lu, you can tell me anything" Levy urges her, as she saw a certain fire dragon slayer walking towards them  at the blond's back.

" I don't know Levy, I just felt so pressured you know? Almost everyone's settling down, and here I am, hoping and waiting for someone who doesn't even know what love is. Maybe I should start looking for someone else and when it clicks I'll be able to moved on from him. Ugh! I should really get a boyfriend!"

"Lucy, don't worry and don't be pressured, I know that when the right time comes you'll be able to find the right man for you."

"You're right, Levy" Lucy smiled and resumed eating.

Levy saw that the fire dragon slayer stopped approaching them, and his face became unexplainable and dark. She smirked and kept talking.

"I noticed that you and Natsu, didn't bond the entire time Lu, is there something wrong?" Levy asked. Making Lucy almost choked, so feeling guilty about it, Levy's about to handed her some water, when someone beat her to it. Lucy took the water without looking on who giveth it to her. Levy looked up and saw Natsu, whom started to rub Lucy's back gently.

"Thanks Levy" Lucy expressed her gratitude to Levy, not knowing that it was Natsu. But when she looked up and met Levy's teasing look, she then turned her head to the right and saw the man whom she didn't bonded with the whole time.

"N-Natsu! I..." She cursed herself inwardly for Stuttering.

Natsu raised his eyebrows before scolding her "You shouldn't talk while you're eating Luce"

Lucy felt so embarrassed, but retaliate nonetheless, "wow, that's rich coming from you, you know"

Natsu rolled his eyes.

"Uh, I think Gale and I should go now, she's tired so I'll head home first Lu." Levy then leave, not giving Lucy a chance to stop her. Now it's just the two of them.

"Instead of saying thank you, you opened that mouth of yours to insult me" Natsu said, before sitting in front of her.

Lucy sighed before saying " I'm sorry Natsu, and thank you for earlier"

"It's fine" Natsu said before standing up and reached out his hand to her. Lucy looked at it curiously and rised an eyebrow. "Come with me, I want to show you something" so with that she took Natsu's hand and let him guide her to who knows where.

They ended up in the guild's terrace. None of them speak for a long time before, Lucy can't take it anymore and asked the man beside her. "Why did you bring me here, Natsu?" Still no answer.

"You know if you're not going to say anything, I'll just go" Lucy began to walked back to the guild, when a callus hand stopped her by holding her delicate wrist. She looked back and saw Natsu's serious face. "What is it Na-" she didn't have time to finished what she's going to say because Natsu brought her to his chest and hugged her tightly. She could hear his heart pounding so loud and fast, just like how her heart's beating.

"N-Natsu..." Lucy tried to looked up, but Natsu's hands kept her head in her chest.

"Don't even think of leaving me Luce, you're mine" Natsu mumbled enough for her to hear, and make her heart burst with unexplainable feeling.

"N-natsu, what did y-you say?" Lucy finally lifted up her head and looked straight to Natsu's eyes.

Natsu flinched, as if coming back to his senses. "I mean, we did promise to be together forever right?, So technically you're mine, and finding yourself a boyfriend means that you're leaving me. So I don't want you to find a boyfriend, because I don't want you to leave me!"

Lucy felt quite disappointed with his answer, she thought that he matured and he'll confess to her, but as always, Natsu always ruined the mood with his dense answers. Lucy sighed and gently pushed him away.

"Luce...?" Natsu asked uncertain of what the blond would do.

"I see, you're afraid that I'll leave you once I've got myself a boyfriend right? But Natsu, we can still be together and be partners even though I have a boyfriend. I might not be able to hang out with you like how we've used to, but if that time comes, I'll still be your partner and best friend" Lucy explained, with her heart clenched with the word best friend.

"Why are you so eager to have a boyfriend, Luce?" Natsu can't help but ask her.

"What?"

"I said, Why are you so eager to have a d*mn boyfriend!? When technically I'm here for you!" Natsu burst out.

"Why, you asked?, It's because everyone have already settled down and have their own family, except me, and I want to have what they have Natsu! I want a husband, love, kids and an own house. I want someone who will love me for who I am! And it's because I'm tired of waiting for someone who's technically doesn't know  what love is! That's why Natsu, that's the reason why I want to have a boyfriend!" Lucy burst out all her feelings, well almost, before she rushed and leave the guild for the night and gone to her apartment.

Natsu was too stunned to even go after her, and before he even knew it she's gone. He felt selfish for what he's said to her, but he can't help it, ever since he heard Lucy talked with Levy about how she wants to have a boyfriend, his mind gone cloudy and his heart clenched, he doesn't even know why. Now that he knew the reason he can't help but wonder about something so certain but finds it hard to do so.