18.2. Most Likely Too... Part 2

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Hit him hard!" Steph called.

"Wait, no. Start easy. Something like- oh, this punishment sucks," Kourtney said. "When he gets comfortable, hit him hard!" She mimicked Steph's tone.

Avni nodded, "Okay, yeah I-"

"Is this a letter from Julliard?" Gina asked from across the room. Everyone paused to look at her.

Avni looked around awkwardly as they all now started staring at her. "I don't Gina, you're the one holding it," she hissed.

"Sorry, I was looking for your phone and I-"

"Did you apply to Julliard?" Ashlyn cut her off.

"Well, yeah," Avni said quietly.

"Did you get in?" Carlos asked.

"I haven't actually opened it yet. I was hoping to get through Career Day," Avni replied. "Didn't want to sit through all those speeches knowing I hadn't got in."

"Well, you have to find out at some point," EJ said in a strange tone.

"Open it," Ricky piped up.

"What? Now?"

He nodded, and everyone else joined in the effort of convincing her to make a fool out of herself.

"Okay, okay," Avni conceded. "Peer pressure is real."

She took the letter from Gina with shaky hands. She took calming, deep breaths. "I can't believe I'm doing this," she shook her head.

"Just open it," Ricky urged.

Avni took another breath and then peeled off the envelope.

She slowly began to read.

"Are you reading the whol-"

"I got in," Avni breathed.

Ricky stopped abruptly. "What?" he asked, eyes wide.

"I got in!" Avni announced, with more flair and excitement.

"Oh my god!" Gina cried, initiating a group hug. Cheers went around the room, enveloping Avni in love.

Oh my God.

♡♡♡♡♡

"Hey, I'm throwing like a get-together slash celebration at my place today. Please come?" Avni texted Hrithik.

"Yeah :) What's the occasion?" He texted back almost immediately.

"I sort of didn't want to do this over text but I'm at school and I wanted to give you notice in advance so."

"I got into Julliard."

"Holy shit," he said. "Congratulations!!!"

She grinned to herself, still giddy over everything. They texted back and forth, going over the details.

"What are you grinning about?" Gina asked. They were all waiting for the next guest speaker.

"Like you don't know," Avni fake-scoffed.

"I do know, I just want to hear you say it," Gina grinned. "Is he coming tonight?"

"Yeah."

"Is there any way to un-delete a comment on Instagram?" Ricky texted her.

"If there isn't a name for it..." She texted back. What has he gotten himself into now?

"Ya I thought so."