⊱Prolouge⊰

❝𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆❞

Harry Potter. The Boy Who Lived. The Savior of the Wizarding World. The Golden Boy. Savior of the Light. Destined to vanquish all evil.

Well, that was a bunch of bollox if Harry's ever heard any, truth is, Harry hates his title, he hated being Harry Potter, so much was expected of him, he especially hated Albus Dumbledore, leaving him with the Dursleys, and for what? For his greater good shit? Yeah, okay, sure.

Harry didn't really want to go to Hogwarts, he was perfectly happy at Drumstrang, well, even if he didn't have very many friends, but, he decided to go to Hogwarts for two reasons.

Reason one; he hardly understood anything people were saying, he hardly understood any Belgium and it seemed that the boys there liked to take advantage of that while talking shit about Harry, as if he didn't hear his name being spoken up every now and then followed by a few snickers.

Reason two; Draco Malfoy, Harry honestly missed his best friend, they didn't talk a lot due to their different families, but Draco was nice enough to teach Harry about everything the blonde knew about being a wizard and whenever Harry could escape the cruel muggles he called his family Lucius would train Harry with magic that was advanced enough for a ten year old to learn until he was old enough to go to Drumstrang.

So, here Harry was, on the infamous train known as Hogwarts express. He wanted to surprise his friend so he decided to stay as far away from students as possible with his nose buried in a book to avoid any human interaction. He was transferring during fourth year, which, as he knew, this was the year of the Triwizard Tournament, courtesy of Draco telling him everything that was going on in Hogwarts, keeping him updated on quite literally everything that went on throughout the year if anything interesting happened.

"Now, since all the first years are now sorted, I would like to introduce a new student" the headmaster of Hogwarts paused as he waited for everyone to quiet down before smiling widely, his eyes twinkling, "I am happy to introduce Harry Potter!" Dumbledore exclaimed happily, the great hall erupted in cheers at the mention of the Golden Boy.

Said boy rolled his eyes as he sat down on the stool, he looked towards the Slytherin table, knowing that was the house Draco was sorted in only to see him absent, Harry frowned at that. He couldn't look for much longer, however, as the Sorting Hat was placed over his head covering his eyes.

"Ah, Harry Potter, but you dislike your title, don't worry, I won't tell, now, where should I put you.. hmm.. yes, brave, very brave, but also sly, cunning, intelligent, you have some kindness, oh but no patience, not fit for Hufflepuff.. intelligent, but not enough for Ravenclaw, hm.. ah! You speak the language of the snakes yes, yes very difficult indeed you hold loyalty and pride close to your heart yes.. better be..

SLYTHERIN!!!"

And with that, the Slytherin table erupted in cheers, Harry sighed a breath of relief once he realized he would be in the same house as Draco, as soon as the hat was taken off of Harry's head, he went over to the Slytherin table, shaking hands with the students above his year along with fellow fourth years. Looking for a place to sit, he saw someone with dark curly hair beckoning him over, shrugging, Harry made his way to the male.

Harry studied the fellow student, he has curly chestnut colored hair, deep blue eyes, a sharp nose along with a sharp jawline and pointed cheekbones.

"Hello there" Harry greeted, sitting next to the student. "Hello, my name is Tom Riddle, and you must be Draco's friend" Tom guessed, causing Harry to grow confused. "How did you know?" at that, Tom simply smirked "well, we wanted it to be a surprise but.. I'm actually dating Draco and he always talks about how much he misses you, you two seem to be close."

Harry let out a breathy chuckle at that and lifted a cup of pumpkin juice "yeah, we were close despite the fact that our families have been rivals for generations, the Potters and Malfoys have been bigger rivals than the Malfoys have been with the Weasleys, it's odd to think about.. but with the stories Draco told me it.. kind of makes sense." He shrugged.

After a bit of talking, they were joined by another student, this one looked similar to Tom except he had green eyes and his facial features weren't as sharp. "Ah Mattheo, nice of you to finally join us" Tom snickered "this is Harry" he introduced, the boy's attention going towards the messy haired brunette.

"You must be the famous Harry Potter" Harry grimaced at that which caused Mattheo to immediately correct himself. "Oh no! I didn't mean it like that, I couldn't care less about your title personally, what I mean is Draco talks so much about you you're famous amongst our frien group, if I didn't know any better I'd think he was in love with you" that earned him a kick from under the table by Tom that went unnoticed by Harry.

"Well I presume that I don't need to tell you all anything about myself, if I know Draco at all I'd know he told you all everything about me." Harry chuckled which caused the group around him to burst out. "Ain't that the truth" a girl with black hair said from her spot next to Mattheo. "Pansy Parkinson at your service" she smiled and held her hand out to shake with Harry which he accepted.

Pansy was a gorgeous girl, she had her hair cut just below her chin with bangs, she still had some soft features but was still growing into her face as much could be expected of a 14 year old girl. She had  honey coloured eyes that reflected just right off the light of the castle, a small pointed nose and rosy colored lips that settled into a small pout.

Bloody hell she's stunning

But Harry was quickly pulled out of his transe by students getting up and heading to their common rooms, since he didn't know his way around the castle, Harry knew that it would be smart to follow the Slytherins to the dungeons.

"Pureblood" Harry heard Tom whisper. Predictable Harry thought with a smirk, he followed his housemates into the common area and looked around with his mouth slightly agape.

The common room was gorgeous. It was painted with grey walls, the windows looking out into the black lake, it had deep green banners with the Slytherin embolism on them to represent the house the Slytherins belonged to, the furniture was black leather next to a fire that blazed green flames that reminded Harry much of the color flames turn when someone floos. "Wow.." was all he could manage to say, not to mention the metal baskets of green flames surrounding the walls to bring light into the common area.

"The surprise isn't over yet" Tom's voice brought Harry out of the second admirable trance he dragged himself into. He reluctantly tore his eyes away from the beauty that was his new common room and towards the sharp blue eyes of Tom Riddle who was smiling. "I'll be back in a second" Tom muttered when he knew that he had Harry's attention.

Tom disappeared into the boy's section of the dormitories and walked out dragging a reluctant, protesting, and very familiar boy behind him.

Platinum blonde hair, sharp face features, startling grey eyes, pissed off expression, a pouted lip, a strong chin, that can only be-

"Draco!" said boy turned around at the call of his name, his attitude changing immediately upon the recognition of his best friend.

Draco turned around and gaped at the sight of Harry Potter standing right in front of him. "Harry?" He let out weakly, Harry just nodded then, without warning, Harry was swarmed between a pair of arms, he was shocked for a moment before he was able to register that Draco was hugging him. Mentally kicking himself for being so slow in his thought process and realization, Harry tried not to dwell on his own stupidity and wrapped his arms firmly around Draco as if he was scared that Draco would disappear from him if he let go, and judging by the way Draco was holding onto Harry with the same amount of strength, the brunette could only guess that very same thought was going through Draco's head.

"I can't believe you're actually here" Draco finally whispered after a moment of silence, Harry just let out a breathy chuckle as if he were about to cry and buried his face deeper in Draco's neck. "I'm here" Harry whispered "I'm actually here."

a/n: that's a wrap for the prologue! I would like to remind you all to read my disclaimers in case you haven't already, it would make it a lot easier and make more sense to the readers, but, without further ado, I hope you all enjoy the ride! I have lots planned for this book;)