I huffed out a breath as I tried fo remain calm. My anxiety was through roof not knowing where the fuck Shanique was. This is why you can't trust people to do your job

"Did she give you a reason for her not boarding the plane? I'm not paying you £33,000 for my wife to not be transported from destination to destination safely Julian!" I barked out

"Did you call her?" I asked after a moment of silence between us.

"She didn't pick up." He says somberly and I hung up in his face.

Fucking white trash.

You have one fucking job. Ensure that my wife is safe in your house, ensure that she has no fucking issues, that's it!! That's your role and...,

"Fuck!!!" I yelled as I gripped my overgrown curls.

I haven't visited the barber in months.

Sitting on the edge of the bed my foot shook rapidly. I needed to think.

Shawntel.

I quickly texted Fabian for her contact detail and he sent it within a couple minutes. I nod my head at that. Them man yah mi rate.

I quickly dialed her number and it rang for awhile before going to voicemail.

Weh she deh man?

My youth bill and member seh she have a baby.

I sighed and mentally chastised myself.

Taking a breather, I dialed her again.

This time she answered on the third ring.

"Hello?" She sounded out of breath.

"Where is Shanique?" I asked curtly.

There was a pause and I was getting impatient.

"Good morning Dan. I'm fine, your niece is up being bad at 7 am. You?" She responded sassily and I chuckled.

Okay. So I was a bit rude.

"Sorry. Good morning. Kiss my little princess for me, and tell her I know you are lying on her." I say and Shawn chuckled.

"Your little princess is spoilt" she counters and I shrug.

"As she should be. I need some new pictures of her by the way." I say

I'm itching to cut the small talk and get to the point of my call, but Giselle is a soft spot for me.

I love that little girl like she is my own.

"Ask your friend... I send him new ones everyday." I nod even though I know she won't be able to see me.

"She's sleeping." She says with a sigh and I know she's now referring to Shanique.

I sighed.

"She had a flight this morning." I tell her with an exasperated sigh.

"A flight to where?" Shawn asks and I pause.

"London."

She chuckled lightly.

"Why does she need to go back there Anderson? She has no one there with her, her friends are in Jamaica, her family, you. Why should she go back to London by herself?" She asked me with some attitude.

I was taken aback by her tone. Shawn is not a confrontational person.

"She works there." Was my lame response. "She has a business that is not even five months in." I tried to add to my argument.