Names and Days

Weeks grew into moons and moons into years. They passed slowly for Maryanne who filled her days with her son Rhaelor, a fierce young boy of only 4 years old. She looked down at the playing boy by her feet. She was sketching on a piece of parchment the little blonde haired boy. His hair had straightened out and was now the same as his fathers straight almost white hair. The years hadn't changed Maryanne much as she herself took good care after the traumatic labors she experienced with her son.

As the years grew the castle had changed too. The queen had taken it upon herself to decorate it a little more faithful as she herself said. Maryanne just had shrugged and didn't mind much. Of course she heard the whispers around the castle, of the strained relations of the heir Princess Rhaenyra and the Queen. Obviously Aegon was the first born son of the king, but he never declared him to be his heir. So many and Maryanne too believed it was still Rhaenyra to sit the throne when the King passed.

Aemond and Maryanne hadn't seen much relation the past years either as the hard labors had taken a toll on her and she was to scared to have it happen again. The few times they had relations Maryanne made sure to drink a moon tea soon after. The last time they had relations it had been 3 moons since then.

"Milady..." A maid came in nodding to her before making her way to young Rhaelor. A Guard followed her and stated "On the morrow a tourney will be held for the young prince and princess's name day... she requested your presence there too" Maryanne sighed and nodded, she knew never to reject a request from the queen but never had really seen the appeal and fun in those tournees. Just a few men trying to take each other out for fame and fortune? As the evening fell she was enjoying her dinner in her own chambers as Aemond had been busy with other things to accompany her that evening. As the sun fell she climbed into her bed and soon drifted to sleep.

As the morning had started maids, servants and a lot of other people had been seen running all around the castle to prepare for the upcoming tournee. Maryanne had been sitting on the windowsill watching them scramble about for an hour or so when her own maid brought Rhaelor who had awoken and eaten "Mama!!" he exclaimed running to Maryanne and hugging her tightly. He was a real mama's boy. "Hello dear... did you sleep well?" She asked him smothering him in kisses and a big hug. He nodded and smiled at her. "Come on youngling.. go play as I get dressed" she said lifting him of her lap and onto his feet.

A maid came up and started lacing the corset Maryanne was to be wearing "Oh dear could you maybe keep it less tighter?" she said as the maid pulled on the corset "Milady I am trying but around the stomach area it doesn't seem to want to fasten...." she softly said. Maryanne shook her head and sighed it had been only a moon since last wearing a tightened corset and by then it still fit. The maid hurried away to find something else and she was dressed in a lavender colored dress without a corset.

Maryanne was making her way through the castle's hallways with Rhaelor holding onto her hand. "We are going to watch the knights and a few lords together and see who is the best" Maryanne said to him to get him a little exited. "Where is father?" he said looking behind him as they walked. "He has let me know that he will be there too... so we will meet him there"

As they stepped onto the royal part of the seats around the grounds where the tourney would be played out. She greeted Helaena and the twins. Rhaelor flew out to his grandmother and climbed on her lap. The queen softly kissing him on the cheek. Maryanne smiled and took her own seat by Helaena. "Where are Prince Aegon and Prince Aemond?" she asked leaning towards Helaena. She chuckled and pointed to the tourney grounds. To her surprise there was Prince Aegon in armor and a sword by his side. And next to him Aemond. He had on black armor and his blonde hair in a long braid down his back.