Lullabies

Maryanne hadn't uttered a word as she was being lead to the chamber Rhaelor was being treated in. Aemond next to her. Again it was dead silent, tears slowly tracing her cheeks and eyes swollen from crying for hours on end.

Rhaelor lay in a bed silent and still. He was almost fully swaddled with bandages only his eyes and mouth visible. Maryanne ran up to the bed and crashed down at the side crying as she saw him. Maesters around the bed looking down and shaking their heads.

Aemond looked at them and exploded he ran around the bed and grabbed the first Maester by the throat "YOU BETTER MAKE MY SON BETTER... HEADS WILL ROLL FOR THIS I TELL YOU" He screamed. Alicent came in behind them and ran to her son "Please Aemond let him go! He has to tend to your son!!"

Aemond let the maester fall to floor and turned around marching out of the room, Alicent followed him running out of the room too. The maester stood next to Maryanne. She sitting still next to the barely alive body of her son. "Milady... We... we are doing our utmost best to save the young prince... but he sustained very bad injuries..." He said. Maryanne didn't react her eyes only on her son.

Days went by with no real changes. Maryanne had refused to leave Rhaelor's side in these days as she saw her son succumb in front of her eyes. Her face had grown colorless and her eyes hollow but stained red from the tears falling every time Rhaelor moved and cried out before drifting into unconsciousness again.

Aemond stood by the door only letting the Maesters enter into the room. Not even his own mother he let in even though she begged with tears running down her cheeks. Helaena had not even tried to enter the room when she heard Aemond didn't let anyone in.

The days didn't bring much good news as the Maesters faces only grew sadder when trying every potion and salve under the sun to try to save the little prince's skin and brought so much milk of the poppy to help ease his pain as he was delirious with it.

Maryanne sighed and looked at the maester that tended to her son dressing a wound on his leg. "He is going to die isn't he" she spoke coldly.

The maester softly nodded as he dressed the wound and placed the silk blanket over him. Maryanne looked back at her son and to the corner of the room Aemond was standing, almost blending in with the black

"It is only a mere matter of time before his body grows too tired milady" he softly spoke before excusing himself and leaving the room. Aemond craned his head and let out a pained sigh. Maryanne's eyes once again letting tears fall down her cheeks.

Aemond had retaken his place on the outside of the room and had asked Otto to leave as he once again tried "please son... let your mother see her grandson... let her bring your wife some heartfelt love" Otto Hightower spoke, Aemond raised an eyebrow "I think I was quite clear grandfather... no one is to enter this room except the maester tending to my.. dying! Son" Aemond gritted through his teeth. Otto looked down and sighed "At least sit with your wife and dying son...."he laid a hand on his shoulder. Aemond jerking it away "and I suggest you leave.." he said.

Maryanne had heard the talking outside of the room and laid a hand on Aemond's arm "Let her come.... Say goodbye... Helaena too if she wants... now please " she said to Otto. He in return nodded with a sad look on his face.

Helaena and Alicent had come and pressed a kiss on the head of the fever riddle body of him radiated warmed through the room and quickly made way to leave them be. Aemond had retaken his place by the door and Maryanne next to her sons bed as the evening fell.

Maryanne had awoken in the middle of the night when the whole castle slept, she felt something was not right. Her hand snaking over the bed to Rhaelor's in the dark of the night and touching it, expecting his little hand to be feverishly hot.