He splashed in resistance but his efforts were in vain against the grown adult.

Once they were hoisted on board, one by one, Caspian provided them with towels. Charlotte shivered as she glanced at Edmund hopping on board.

"You alright?"

"Well, yeah, swim right towards the ship, why don't we?" Charlotte used his words against him, her eyes squinting and her lips smiling sarcastically.

Edmund grinned sheepishly at her dry humour as he scratched his neck. He glanced at their old friend who had his hand around Lucy's shoulder, escorting her away.

"Caspian!"

Caspian turned around to greet them with a wide grin. "Edmund, Charlotte..."

The three of them reunited in an uncomfortable and soaked embrace.

"It's great to see you."

"Good to see you."

"How long has it been since I was here last?" Charlotte prompted.

"It's been about 3 years," Caspian sighed as he squeezed his hand around her shoulder, "I was worried about you when I came back from my voyage, you know? Word had gotten around that you'd returned to Earth without a farewell celebration. Always seems to happen with you kings and queens from Earth."

"Sorry about that, I was a bit preoccupied at the time."

"With what?"

"Well, I had some suspicions, see, that-"

"Didn't you call for us?" Lucy cut in hastily with a burning curiosity as to why they had returned to the enchanted land, or rather, the sea.

"No," Caspian denied with a puzzled expression, "not this time."

"Well, whatever the case," Edmund had a wide grin on his face, "I'm just glad to be here."

Their conversation was cut short by a terrified scream. They turned to Eustace fighting off a familiar rodent creature latched onto his clothes.

"Don't touch me! Get that thing off me!"

He threw off the tiny creature, still shaking and screaming in a frenzy. The rodent scurried away towards the kings and queens as he panted heavily.

"Reepicheep!" Lucy exclaimed exuberantly.

"Oh!" He sent a stunned glance upwards at all three of them before bowing on instinct. "Your Majesties."

"Hello, Reep," Edmund greeted, "what a pleasure."

"The pleasure is all mine, sir."

"Seems you've come a long way from joining Caspian's ship crew," Charlotte remarked in a jested tone.

"Ah yes," Reepicheep nodded, "I showed him well that I'd make a fine addition. I do miss the days when we used to train at Cair Paravel though. The ship can be unstable for fencing."

"All the more you make an excellent fighter," Charlotte's affirming words caused the mouse to chuckle in agreement.

"Right you are, your Majesty. But first," he gestured towards the young boy who seemed jumpy about the foreign environment, "what to do about this... This... Hysterical interloper?"