Random Prompts Part 10

Beginne am Anfang

Polly said it best. "She wasted all her school time trying to be the age she is now, and she'll waste the rest of her life trying to stay that age. Her whole idea is to race on to the silliest time of one's life and stay there as long as she can."

Susan always wanted to be that beautiful, happy, loved, young adult. She wanted to have lots of friends and parties to go to and people to see.

She liked clothes and makeup, as did her friends. She enjoyed going on dates and going to parties. So much so, that she never wanted it to stop.

She wanted to do this forever. Go to parties with friends, go out with boys, wear makeup and a dress that made her feel beautiful.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying that, but Susan let it become her life. She stopped visiting her family, quit her job. And forgot who she truly was...and all about her true home.

She was stuck in her fantasy, living in a delusion. While her siblings grew up, lived life, talked about Narnia, and found God; she was going to parties and dating boys. Completely unaware of the lives of her family.

And that's how she wanted to live forever.

Stitches

"I'm excited, it's been so long since we went swimming." Edmund said.

"We haven't been swimming since coming back from Narnia." Lucy said. "Well in England at least. Obviously we lived on the beach in Narnia."

"I'm going to jump in." Edmund said, as they walked up to the pool. "Anyone want to join me?"

"I will." Peter said.

"No way, I'm walking in like a normal person." Susan said.

Peter laughed. "Lu?"

"I'll go with Susan, we'll meet you down at the deep end."

Peter and Edmund nodded before walking a little ways off. They waited for their sisters to get there before doing anything.

"Hey, how about we flip in?" Peter said.

"I don't think I've done that before." Edmund said.

"It's not hard." Peter assured him. "You just do a flip in the air before you hit the water."

Edmund slowly nodded. "I'll give it a go."

Peter nodded before shouting to his sister. "Count us down!"

"3...2...1...go!"

Both boys jumped, but Edmund didn't quite jump out far enough. He flipped perfectly, but hit his head on the side of the pool on the way down.

As he hit the water he suddenly felt very weak and his head was really hurting. He slowly pulled himself above the water.
The second he was up there Susan and Lucy were by his side.

"Ed, let me see your head." Susan said quickly.

"What happened?" Peter asked.

"He hit it on the wall." Lucy answered.

Peter's eyes widened and rushed to his brother.

"It's bad." Susan said. "There's so much blood. We need to get him to the hospital."

~~~

Edmund looked over when the door opened and his siblings walked in, right after his mum.

"Are you alright?" Lucy asked, looking very worried.

Edmund gave her a smile and took hold of her hand. "I'm okay. He said with a nod. I just had to get 10 blue stitches."

"I'm so sorry." Peter said. "If I never suggested we flip-"

"Hey." Edmund said quickly. "Don't blame yourself. I didn't know what I was doing. Plus I'm okay. This isn't your fault Peter."

Peter took a deep breath before he finally nodded. "You sure you're alright?"

Edmund nodded. "Thanks to you all for getting me here and helping me."

"Oh, it was nothing." Susan said, and Edmund smiled at her.

"Oh but there is one thing." Edmund said.

"What is it?" Mrs. Pevensie said, looking slightly worried.

"I am never flipping off the side of a pool again." And they all laughed.

You're Hurting Me

"Lucy?!" Edmund asked. "What's wrong?"

Lucy looked up at her brother from where she'd just walked in the door.

"Lu what happened?" Edmund said.

Lucy shook her head and sniffled. "Susan." She said quietly.

Edmund's face softened, but you could see sadness in his eyes as well. "What happened?"

"We had a huge fight." Lucy said, shaking her head.

Edmund brought her over to sit with him on the couch.

"She's like a completely new person now." Lucy began. "It's not just that she doesn't remember Narnia. But the way she acts, the way she treats me. She never would have done this a few years ago. And the way she talks about God, and dismisses Him. It's like she tried to go out of her way to make sure I know she thinks I'm wrong and dumb for what I believe. That's what hurts me the most. Does she even know how much she's hurting me?"

"I hope not." Edmund said. "Because I don't think she would want to hurt you this much on purpose. But she's hurting me too, Lu. And Peter, all of us. The way she ignores us, never visits or calls. Misses plans we have. And makes us feel inferior for believing in God. I think she's hurting us more than she realizes."

"I hope she comes back to us someday." Lucy said. "And I hope she finds God."

"If she finds God, she'll come back to us. God will heal her heart."

Lucy smiled at him. "Like He healed yours."

Edmund nodded, looking thoughtful. "Like He healed mine."

Long Live

I said, "Remember this feeling"
I pass the pictures around
Of all the years that we stood there on the sidelines
Wishing for right now
We are the kings and the queens

Lucy's smile was wider than it ever had been, and she was sure she'd never felt so happy before.

Minutes ago she was crowned
"Queen Lucy The Valiant." And the Narnians had been cheering for their Kings and Queens for 5 minutes! And they didn't seem to be stopping anytime soon.

Lucy knew she needed to treasure this moment. It was a once in a lifetime moment. And certainly something that only happened to one in every million people.

She was Queen of a magical country she found in the back of a wardrobe. She still couldn't fully believe it. But in this moment, she knew it wasn't a dream.

She knew this was her destiny, though she never knew it until right now. It was all meant to be. And it always had been.

Lucy knew that this moment, every part of it, would live on forever.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀
Okay a few things.
By saying "that's how Susan wanted to live forever" It doesn't specifically mean she never wants to see her family again. By that I meant, the parties and dates and makeup. She wants all THAT to last forever. Just wanted to clarify bc I don't think she hated her family or anything!

2. "Stitches" is based on something that happened to me when I was about 7 or 8. That's my immediate thought when I hear the word 'stitches' so I was like "LET'S WRITE THAT"😂

3. I would once again like to thank y'all for 20k on THIS BOOK!!! You're absolutely amazing!!! I love y'all and I am SO grateful for your kind words and support!!! It means everything!!!💗💗🥰🥰😘😘