"Let's make it a triple celebration."
Rajvir announces as he enters the living room.
"Triple?"
Rajvir steals a glance at Shini and sits down.
"Aunty! Jaldi Bahar aiye."
Sumitra comes out wiping her hands with a towel.
"Kya chal raha hai? Ryan, Sid ko rehne de ghar pe. Tum Log jao. Raj, don't ask me for the same. I don't want him to go as well. He needs rest. Kal raat bhi Bahar tha. This Ryan sleeps in the day but Sidu so nahi pata hai.. nahi, usse ghar pe rehne do. I cooked for him."

Rajvir holds her wrist and makes her sit beside him.
"Aunty, not only him but you are also coming with us for dinner. Khabar hi kuch aisi hai."
Sidharth turn towards them and asks, "What is it, Raj?"
He smiles, "Our lawyer, Mr. Acharya called me a few minutes ago. He had got a phone call from the Public Prosecutor. That girl, Tara, has decided to take the case back."
Everyone was surprised to hear it.
"What? Are you sure?"
"Yes. The girl is not interested in continuing the case. She says she can't come to court anymore as she is moving out of the city for her job. She will submit a request tomorrow and by the next hearing the case will be dismissed."

Sidharth sits down, not able to process the news. Sumitra starts to cry happy tears and Shehnaaz smiles and stares at her husband. His friends wrap their arms around him, congratulating him but he sits there still. He stands up and goes inside.
"Usse thoda time akele rehne do."
Shehnaaz says to his friends.
Sumitra wipes her eyes as Shini hugs her.
"I am bringing sweets. You all go out and take him with you. I will not come. I am going to Sheena aunt's house for the jagrata. Pick me up when you return. "

Ryan asks, "How did she suddenly change her mind?"
Rohan says, "Last session mein uski jo band baji thi, darr gayi hogi."
Jaanvi adds,"She might be scared of getting caught. All she did was lying."
"Still, I find everything very fishy."
Rajvir says, "We had got nothing about them, Tara or Sameer. What is happening is the right thing."
Shehnaaz says, "Raj is correct. Sidharth was innocent but we had nothing to prove it. Jo ho raha hai is for the good. Ryan, don't think so much."

"The unseen enemy is always the most fearsome."
They turn to see Sidharth standing at the door of his room. He has wet hair and has changed into a white shirt and a pair of denims.
"I don't know who put me into this and suddenly I am out of this mess. Isn't this strange? A single unknown enemy is far more dangerous than a thousand known ones. And that obscure foe is still out there. So, I am not sure we should be rejoicing here."
"You are right. But at present we must be happy and celebrate this."
"Yes, this is good news and there are a few others worth celebrating. Jaan getting promotion and Raj's new project. Maa too wants me to go out then we shall go out."

They all go to Rajvir's farmhouse right outside the city. After dinner they all go for a swim in the swimming pool. Shehnaaz sits by the water, dipping her feet inside. Sidharth comes to the pool are with coffee only to find his friends in water holding beer cans.
"What the f*** is that! You asked me to make coffee and there you all are drinking."
"We girls shall drink coffee, Sid. Don't worry."
Jaanvi says, taking the tray from his hands.
Ryan smiles, "Abhi khul gai hai toh kya kare. Waste jayegi."
"Tu ne mujhe isliye bheja tha. Main jate hi tune khol li hai. Shale, kamine tu kabhi bhi sudhre ga nahi."

"Tere liye bhi hai cooler mein, le le."
"No. I am driving. And Rajvir you were supposed to drive. Abhi Kaun drive karega?"
Ryan screams, "Ek do beer se kuch nahi Hota. I will drive."
"Right."

Shehnaaz says, "I will drive. Let them.. have fun.. at least koi toh enjoy kare."
"Right! Main toh tum logon ki enjoyment kharab kar raha hun. Mere ko lane ki jarrurat nahi thi."
"Sid, yaar! Bas na.. thoda chil kar."
"Rohan, chill karne ka matlab nahi hai ki irresponsible ho jaye. That idiot will drive after ek-do bears. 5 ke niche pita nahi. Aur phir drive karega."
"Just cool khadoos. Mere baap jaise dialogue marna band kar. You are Sidharth not Robert."
Sidharth doesn't reply to him and goes inside.

"Sidharth.. please.. stop."
Shehnaaz follows him inside.
"Kya hai. Tu idhar kya kar rahi hai. Jaa Bahar. Beer peeni hai? Jaa pee le. I am not stopping you. I won't do that as well. You wanted to enjoy yesterday and thought I would stop you so you didn't tell me. Today you want people enjoy. I am letting everyone have fun. I am stopping no one."

"I had called you okay. I had. Mere phone office mein reh gaya tha. I called you yesterday from my friend's phone. Your number was not reachable. I left a message at your office as well. So stop blaming me. Please. Stop."
Shehnaaz says with misty eyes.
"Aaj itna bada news mila, sab khush hai. But you are upset. That's why I said koi toh enjoy kare. I know I am the reason you are angry. Sorry for my stupidity. Sorry for whatever I said. I will never repeat them. But please smile and be.. happy. Please.."

Sidharth doesn't reply to anything. She wipes a lone tear falling out of her eye.
"I am sorry I couldn't tell you that I was going out with my friends. I am sorry that I spoiled your surprise. I was just happy to see my friends after so many days. If only I knew you were coming, I would have never..never gone out with them..."
"Stop crying.."
"I am sorry I said such rude things. I am sorry I thought you aren't different from all typical husbands.. I am sorry. You can scold me but please be happy for everyone."
"I said stop crying. STOP CRYING!"

Shehnaaz looks up to see him. He takes a step towards her and wipes her cheeks with his fingers.
"I was just worried about your safety. I didn't know where you were and with whom. That's why I reacted. And I am upset because I have to go tomorrow to Delhi for a few days with Rajvir."
"Why?"
He cups her face, "Work. You know how it is."
Tears fill her eyes again.
"Sidharth.. please.."
"Tujhe kasam lage agar aur roi toh. I want to see your smiling face."
She bites her lower lips to stop herself from crying anymore.

He whispers,
"I know Shehnaaz, I have hurt you a lot. You wanted to know something and you had that right to ask. But my life was so messed up, I couldn't say anything."
"I know.."
"Sh.. let me speak.. Those allegations, the days in the prison, my inability to find a job, everything was making it difficult. I wanted to make you feel special but see instead I made you cry. Bura hun na main?"
She shakes her head and turns to leave. He holds her wrist, pulls her closer to his chest.

"Yun na jaa tu chod ke mujhe,
Dil ko thoda waqt de sambhalne ko.
Jis nazm jo chupa ke rakhi thi,
Sunani hai aaj mujhe tujh ko.

Aaj nahi par kabe se dabi thi,
Mere zuban par ake jo rukhi thi.
Woh lafz jinke mol bahut hai.
Mere paas tujhe dene ko aur kuch na hai.

Tu meri dost thi, Aaj humsafar hai.
Yeh khwab mera tha, Aaj haqeeqat hai.
Tere mohabbat se mujhe sukoon Mila hai.
Aaj main bhi kehta hun,
Mujhe tujhe se beinteha pyar hai."

She stares into his dark black eyes.
"Sidharth.."
"Jo baat tujhe batani thi, shalon se Jo dil mein chupi thi woh yehi hai. Ishq hai mujhse tujh se. I have fallen for you. I love you, Shehnu."
He touches her chin, tilts his face and captures her lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lot more drama and romance coming up. Do share your thoughts on this update.
And if you feel like motivating, vote for the chapter by clicking on the 🌟 below.
Come fall in love💕💕💕💕