She comes and pulls him to face her.
"I should be the one angry here. I should be the one with those flowers. I said I love you. I wanted to hear something from you. But here you are, doubting me. Wonderful!"
Sidharth's jaw tightens and she grabs her shoulders, "Doubt? Do you think I doubt you?"
"You heard a boy's name and I came late. So you must have thought about it. Don't lie! You are not different from any typical husband. "

Sidharth clenches his teeth and pulls her closer, "Really? That's what you think about me? I know you were out at a fancy place, dancing with your friends, having fun. I saw you in your Varun's arms. His hands were at your back as you swayed with him. I saw everything as I stood outside on my old bike. If I were like any typical husband, I would have gone inside and beat the shit out of your so-called friend for touching you. I would have dragged you out then and brought you home, like any any typical husband. But I didn't. I didn't because I knew you were with your friends."
Shehnaaz stares at him without saying a word.

"I have never stopped you from living your life the way you want. Never tried to control you. Still you say such things. Why?"
"You were angry when I was in Sameer's car. You dragged me out and took me home. I was his girlfriend then and we were nobody. Then why didn't you do it this time?"
Sidharth shakes his head and steps back, "Because it was Sameer. I knew what an as**** he is. I would have done the same if I felt your friend was taking your advantage. I would have barged in if I knew you were not safe. That's all I cared about, then and now. Your safety. Samjhi!"
"Then why are you angry? "

He runs his fingers through his hair. He turns away not replying.
"Sidharth, bolo. Kyu gussa ho?"
"You will not understand. You will not.."
"Explain me then. Please. I should be angry. I wanted flowers from you but she got it. But here you are behaving like this with me. Why? Tell me.. bolo.. you didn't tell me why you gave her those."
"I said I didn't."
"Matlab?"
"I need to go."

Sidharth tries to go away but Shehnaaz holds his arm to stop him.
"You aren't going anywhere. Mujhe answer do, kya matlab tha ke tumne usse nahi diya? Aur kyu gussa ho mere pe? Answer me, kasam lage tumhe, bolo phir jao."
Sidharth turns his fingers into a fist and grunts out of frustration.
"Teri yeh kasam ki na main.."

"Sidu please.. "
"Those flowers and chocolates were for you.. I got them for you. She took it thinking they were for her. Okay."
"You got those for me? Really? Phir gussa kyun ho? Now I should be more annoyed as she took them."
"Then be annoyed. Gussa kar, chilla, jaa ke le le usse, do whatever you feel like. Because that's what you can do. But it won't mean anything anymore. It just won't."

"Sidu.. "
"I.. I was there at your office with flowers and chocolate. I wanted to surprise you. Pick you up, take you somewhere, spend some lone time with you. But you weren't there. I.. called you.. several times.. But you didn't pick up. I.. get it, you have a life and I am fine with it.. The least..the least you could do.. was to let me know where you were. I was.. worried.. I was looking for you.. calling you like a mad man but you weren't concerned. I was at the traffic when I saw you at the restaurant. I saw you dancing with your friends.. I called you.. but.."

"I am sorry. I left my phone but I had called.."
Sidharth cuts her off, "You keep telling me that you love me and I am the bad person here for keeping you waiting. Fine, I am.. kya karu yaar, Shali zindagi ne watt laga di thi. Kaise kuch bolta.."
"Sidharth, I won't ask you again.. promise.. I am sorry for tonight.."
"Don't.. say a word now. You love me and I am grateful for that.. But don't you ever allegate me. Never again.."
He rushes out of the room.

Sidharth sits quietly on the breakfast table with Jaanvi and Shini when Sumitra and Sana come with the breakfast of hot parathas and tea. She gives Sidharth his plate as Sana pours him his tea. Their eyes meet for a fraction of second and he lowers his gaze immediately.