-THIRTEEN

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

— Jacaerys and Aegon still mourned the death of their mother, had to watch her be taken from them by their uncles dragon.

Aegon had yet to stop sobbing, Jacaerys had held him in his arms all day and night.

In between the two would find happiness in the garden, as they walked around the grounds seeing what flowers would be nice for what occasions.

"Jace, look!"

Jacaerys was quick to rush to his brother, worried something had happened.

Aegon sat on the ground sitting in front of a bush, blooming with Angel's Trumpet – light pick flowers that Jacaerys had once read about.

He glanced at his little brother and then thought out a plan.

"Aegon, why don't you go find more plants?"

Aegon was quick to obey and ran off, leaving Jacaerys to his thoughts.

Not thinking twice, he grabbed a handful of the flower before following his little brother.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

It wasn't until two days after the Queen's death was he called to meet with his uncle – her murderer.

He sat on the Throne, it obviously rejecting him.

"Nephew!"

He could smell the wine and whores off him.

"Uncle.."

"May I say I deeply apologise for my sisters death–"

"No, you don't–"

"But she had to go!" Aegon stands up, slamming his foot in the ground below him like a toddler.

"She was a threat to me, boy! What I did was necessary!" Aegon's face flushed red, out of breath, he sits down on Rhaenyra's Throne and takes a sip of his wine.

"We have sent word to your little wolf-bride." Aegon cackles. "What do you think, Strong? Will she reply..?"

Jacaerys did not answer.

Aegon rolls his eyes. "Boy, I'm merely trying to have a conversation.. this war has drifted us apart especially that whore of a wife of yours!"

Jacaerys clenched his fists, his knuckles turning a sickly, white colour.

"My wife is not a whore."

"So you learnt how to use your cock then?" Aegon's eyes widen in surprise. "I'm proud of you, Strong. I did not know you had it in you to bed her."

"I have seen her once before.. she is a gorgeous girl, isn't she? If I had a choice I'd bed her.. make her birth a dozen heirs." Aegon smirks.

"It's getting my excited just to think about it!" Aegon jumped about on the throne, his hand drifting to his trousers.

Jacaerys averted his eyes. "I do not want to speak about you bedding my wife. She would never touch you."

Aegon gasps. His wine empty. "I'm guessing she has called me a Green cunt? Nothing new."

Jacaerys sighs. "She'll be here soon."

Aegon cackles once more. "Do I look scared of her? She's just a little wolf, nothing compared to me."

Jacaerys rolls his eyes and walks closer. "Do you want me to refill your wine?"

Aegon's dry chuckles. "Fine by me, Nephew. This is your job, dealing wine to Kings and Lords. Good boy!"

While Jacaerys had the chance, he took out the light pink flowers and watched them dissolve in the water.

He walked out and sat it down.

Aegon's eyes watched his every movement. "Take a glass with me, boy. It's time we settle this family feuds!"

He pats Jacaerys' back, as he takes a seat after handling a glass of wine to his uncle before pouring himself one.

He prays to whatever God's that willingly listened, he prayed for his wife and Sarra. He then sat back and watched Aegon chug it down, as he took a small sip.

Aegon clears his throat. His face slowly flushing red. He nervously laughs, as his own hands go to his throat.

His veins in his forehead become more prominent, as he starts dry heaving. He then collapses off the throne to the floor.

Jacaerys set down his wine cup before spitting what he takes a sip back in and walks to his uncle.

He helps the man to his back, watching the blood pour out his nose and ears.

"Jace.."

"Fuck off, Aegon."

Jacaerys took this a chance to take out Aegon's dagger from his hip and slit his uncles throat, sick and tired of him begging for his life.

The blood pours out and down the steps. Jacaerys sits on the floor, and laughs to himself.

He places the dagger down and walks to his brothers room. The boy sat on the window sill, as he enters.

Aegon looks towards him. "Jace, where did you go?"

Jacaerys shakes his head and smiles. "You're a King now, Aeg."

Aegon's eyes lit up. "Really?"

Jacaerys nods.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎