I am

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths."

- Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Humza p.o.v

Flash back

" Ran away …. How the f### she can run away " my voice boomed in the hall , Mr. And Mrs Azam were terrified but the old man behind them looked so calm .

Damn him…

" We- we are sorry Mr. Khalid , Rumaisa was against the wedding , we tried so hard but -" 

" But she ran away " I gritted out taking a step forward .

'' It's your fault young man " the old man spoke for the first time standing up .

" Blackmailing someone to get their daughter married to you and you thought Allah will make you plan work " he mocked, raising his one eyebrow .

I clench my fist if it isn't for his age , my fist must have smacked his face. .

" Marriage doesn't work like this, it's Allah's will and no one can go against it '' he spat while walking out .

My eyes follow his disappearing figure then at these idiots who look like they are going to shit any time soon. 

" I am going to ruin you guys , you will be begging for penny in the road " 

" And once I found Rumaisa…. She will be sorry for her birth in this world " with that I was about to walk away when Mrs Azam spoke .

" It's because of Humna" she said, panicking .

Humna ???

I turned around " who the hell is she ?" 

" She - she is adopted and Rumaisa cousin sister I heard her asking Rumaisa to ran away and giving her ideas it's all her fault " 

" Rumaisa hadn't done anything " she cried out " my baby is innocent , she got influence " 

Humna…… I thought her name in my mind bitterly .

Then an idea crossed my mind. 

I need to use her as my bait to save my reputation and punish for her deed as well …..

Humna p.o.v

" Is she alive? " he asked and even in this state I wanted to gather my energy and slap across his face . 

He wasn't worried a bit , his carefree tone was obvious that my survival doesn't please him at all .

" Well…… she wouldn't have if you didn't call me on time " the doctor spoke .

What this evil man saved my life….

Did I judge too soon ??

" She is my wife " he spoke

" Unfortunately, " he added .

No I wasn't 

" I have written down the medicine , please give her time to time , I am sure she will be fine and soon wake up " I felt the bed lifted indicating that the doctor is walking away .

Leaving me with this man ???

Help !!!

" Open your eyes I know you are awake " even with close eyes my eyebrows furrowed , his voice sounded too close to my liking .

My eyes fluttered open , a gasp escaped my lips .

Humza hovered above me with a manic expression , I shivered inwardly at the size of him .

He tower above me as I lay on bed , his face masked with a sinister smirk .

One thing I am 100% sure of is that his intention wasn't to save me .

" What's wrong Humna? " he asked softly and knelt beside the bed. He was near enough for me to smell his expensive cologne. I wish he was as good as his cologne .

He looks like a Greek model with a black heart .

Please move …

I wanted to say but all I could do was stare at his eyes .

" Did you feel too cold? " he asked, tilling his head .

His softener was gone in a blink .

" Did you feel suffocated? '' he asked and my forehead creased in confusion .

" Did you feel like dying when no one came ??"

How does he knows all this

" Did your body become numb ??" He questioned 

" Wh- what do you mean? " I managed to choke .

Slowly he leaned menacing and my heart took it speed no it a good way . I clench the sheet on my fist .

" I mean " he whispered, his face was inches away from mine " did you feel the pain that I felt " he gritted through his teeth .

My eyes widened at realisation , my hands worked on my own .

I pushed his chest up , a pain shot through my head but I didn't care .

" You did it ??? You tried to kill me " I accuse through blurry vision .

" Don't be dramatic " he got up crossing his arm " if I wanted to kill you , you wouldn't be breath " he said deadpan with no remorse on his face .

" Yo- you are a monster " I was astonished at his cruelty .

He took an intimidating step holding a challenging glare  but I didn't back down this time .

" I am…" 

And in that moment I knew my kindness did cost me big this time .

" Is that so…" I whispered aggressively

" Then Mr. Humza Khalid accept it or not but I have taken place in your life which never meant for me , I have already invaded your World without your permission and now we both have to bear the brunt not just me and if you think using this cheap tricks will make me regret my life " I scoff " you are wrong "

" I will make your life hell " he whispered gazing bitterly .

and I couldn't help but pull back my head in laughter " oh darling you cannot " I mock.

" Because I came from there " I said deadpan, changing his expression .

_________________________________________________

Did you thought Humna would be brave enough to answer ??? Share your opinion in comment section ❤️