Chapter Seventeen~Sneak Attack

"Are you sure you're all right?" I rolled my eyes at Sirius's stupid question.

"I'm fine. Now, tell me what's going on."

"Dumbledore's gone for a few days."

"Nothing major. Anything else?"

"Erm... well... there's been another murder." I sat bolt upright in my pillows.

"Again? Who?"

"Somebody from Ravenclaw's parents. They were also Muggle-borns."

"Crap." I looked down, now seriously ticked off at Dumbledore for not letting me go.

"They think there's a serial killer out there, and the Ministry thinks they've got him cornered." I laughed quietly.

"They haven't. No way." Sirius narrowed his eyes.

"Would you happen to know something about this?" I hesitated. Even though Sirius was my boyfriend, and he already knew where I was actually from...

"Yes. The serial killer's name is Lord Voldemort."

"Didn't you mention him before?"

"Yup. He's an evil person who kills Muggle-born witches of wizards only. All he cares about are pure-bloods."

"What's wrong with Muggle-borns, anyways?!" Sirius yelled, then he quieted down when Madam Pomfrey rushed out of her office, giving Sirius a glare. "I don't understand."

"He was the one who ordered my brother to kill me."

"Wow. What a git."

"He's worst than a git, Sirius. He's pure evil."

"Yeah, well, they'll catch him." I rolled my eyes when I saw the stubborn look in Sirius's eyes. He was refusing to falter in his opinion.

"Whatever you say..." Suddenly, James burst into the hospital wing.

"Guys, there's been another murder, and it's Samanths Welsh's parents!" Samantha was a close friend to Lily.

"How's she taking it?" I asked.

"Not well. She's been spending the whole day in the loo, crying. I only know that because Lily told me!" He quickly stated when Sirius and I raised our eyebrows.

"Oh, poor Samantha. I think I'm going to go- OW!" I had been shoved into the bed after I had tried to get up.

"Forget it, Miranda. You're not-"

"Oh, yes, I am." I suddenly turned into my Animagus form and I was running out of the castle. I ran into Hogsmeade and hid under a bench. Sirius and James hadn't been able to follow me. Then I saw the black cloak flow past me, and I froze. NO WAY.

Lord Voldemort was in Hogsmeade. I saw him look around, then he walked into The Three Broomsticks. I transformed back into my human self. Oh, this was too lucky. I knew what Voldemort was here for. He was here to kill. I ran in quietly just in time to see Voldemort say quietly,

"A shame. Avada Kedavra." A man hit the ground, his eyes open. He was dead. Voldemort turned to me, and I pulled out my wand. His appearance caught me by surprise. He actually looked... normal. Handsome, even. Of course, he was nothing compared to Sirius. "What's this?" He asked, amused. "A Hogwarts student? You shouldn't be out at this time." I said with a trembling voice,

"You MONSTER. How could you?" His eyes narrowed slightly and he answered,

"You know nothing, girl. Get going, now."

"Immobulus!" I screamed, but Voldemort blocked the spell.

"I see," He sneered, "So you want to play. Incarcerous!" Ropes flew around me and tied me up. I fell to the ground with a thump. "You're nothing against me, girl. Crucio!" I screamed, my body erupting in pain. He was going to kill me.

"Obscuro!" A blindfold suddenly appeared over Voldemort's eyes. He roared in fury and ripped it off. By then, Sirius had ran to my side and untied me. "James has gone to get a professor, don't worry." Voldemort looked from me to Sirius, then James burst into the place, accompanied by Professor McGonagall. Voldemort could tell he was outnumbered. He sneered at me.

"I'll remember this." Then he was gone. I sank to my knees.

"Get up, Hewitt," Professor McGonagall barked, "We will discuss your detention after you rest." I allowed myself to be taken to the hospital wing. My mind was blank. If Sirius hadn't arrived... I would have been dead. I found myself trembling with fear.

Lord Voldemort... guess he was as dangerous as people said.