Chapter Thirteen~Talking About The Future

"Miranda?"

"Hm?"

"Nothing."

"Okay." The awkward silence conitnued for a few seconds, then Sirius spoke up again.

"Miranda?"

"Yeah?"

"Tell me about the future."

"No."

"Why?!"

"I don't have the time right now."

"Then... the next full moon is coming up. How bout after they all go back, we'll go somewhere private and you'll tell me?"

"Uh... we'll get in trouble."

"No, we won't."

"Uh, yeah, we will."

"We won't."

"We will."

"Dumbledore knows we're going out with Remus every full moon anyways, so we won't."

"Fine."

The night of the full moon, after Remus, Peter, and James went back to the vastle, Sirius and I lay in Animagus form in the Shrieking Shack.

'Okay, spill it.'

'Well, James and Lily get married... and they have a kid named Harry... you're James's best man... they appointed you as Secret Keeper...'

'Why, are they in hiding?'

'Yes. From Lord Voldemort. I'll explain after. You told them to switch to Peter Pettigrew, and...'

'And?'  I stared into his eager eyes.

'They did, and he betrayed them to Voldemort. He killed them.' Shock and disbelief flashed through his eyes.

'No.' He growled fiercely. 'Wormtail wouldn't do that. I trust him.'

'Sirius-'

'No. If you're gonna keep lying to me about the future, I don't want to listen.' He stood up, but I stood up as well.

'No. I'm sorry, please stay. I'll tell you... I'll tell you about their son!' He slowly lay back down, curiouis again. 'Okay. He looks exactly like James, but he has green eyes-'

'Yeah, I saw him in that memory of you kissing him! Wait... he was your boyfriend?' He growled, protective. 'He kissed my girlfriend.'

'No, he now has no idea I exist...' We continued talking about the future, but I refused to tell him anything about his future except for the fact that he was Harry's godfather. I made him promise not to tell anyone, and before we knew it, we were sleeping in the Shrieking Shack, me lying on top of Sirius's broad dog back. Little did we know that that was a BIG mistake.