𝘁𝘄𝗼; the runaway marquise

Start from the beginning

The knife that was recently in her palm is now slowly brought it's way above the bag, she dig it upwards and cut it to the bottom. She immediately let go of the knife and rip the bag open, moving her body a little to the left, she completely forgot she was on top of the carriage so the bag fall onto the cold hard ground.

She let out a yelp before sitting up straight, not even think to glanced up at the strange looking boy that was in the train. She groaned as she brushed her blue silk dress. She comb her hair using her finger then look through the bag to find a hair pin.

A soft gasp making her look upwards, and she find a strange looking boy looking down at her with a terrifying look. It was the same boy that she saw in the hallway. "Oh, hello." She greeted awkwardly, a hair pin on her palm as she stands up to take a proper look on the boy's feature.

He was... strange?

"Please get out of this carriage." The boy spoke, his voice somehow sounds feminine. So she answers, "I can't, I'm in hiding." She plopped herself down on the cushion across the boy.

"Bit of a to-do. Bribed a porter to put me in this and get me onboard." She inhales sharply. "Very daring." Her lips smirked at the boy. "Get out of this carriage right now." His voice commands.

Annette stares at him, taking his features for the second time, looking at him up and down. He looks like a girl, her eyes, her cheeks, her lips. "You're a..." She spoke, "strange looking gentleman."

"You think you look normal?" The boy glanced at her dress and her hair. "You're not a boy at all." She kept her head high as she slightly shake her head.

"I might be a boy." It was his turn to let his head high.

"Who are you?" Annie craned her neck.

"What are you?" He glares at her, tilting his head to the side.

"Well, that is just rude for a man to speak to a woman like that. However, I'm Viscountess Annette Tewkesbury, the Marquise of Basilweather." She let her hand out for him to shake.

"You're a bimbo." Bimbo, an attractive but unintelligent or frivolous young woman.

Annie's lips pursed as her hand slowly turned into a ball of fist as she bring it back to her side. "I'll have you know, I have just undertaken a particularly daring escape---"

"You have not escaped. There is a man in a brown bowler hat currently on this train searching for you, and once he finds you, he will think I helped hide you and I will be endangered by this."

'Oh, isn't this just great? First, I'm going to be a bride and second, there's a strange man I didn't even know is on his way to find me.' Annie sarcastically thought whilst looking around.

"Therefore, I ask you to get out of this carriage." He snapped. It was silence as she tried to processed what was happening. All she wanted was run away from a marriage and her unhappiness family, but what does this man in a brown bowler hat want from her?

They stared, glaring into each other's eyes in silence. It's not even five minutes and Annie already dislike the boy, "You remind me of my uncle." She rolled her eyes, her tounge poked inside her cheek. "I've left him at the station. Well, I got there before he could reached."

"He's bossy too. Left them all: my mother, my grandmother, my fiancé. But I'm fine. I'm free."

'Fiancé? But this girl is young.' The boy thought.

"Good. Get out of this carriage, then." He replied in a monotone voice.

This boy is annoying, Annie thought.

She slightly nodded as she softly smack her lips, "A man in a brown bowler hat?" She breathed heavily as she opened the door.

Annette glanced at the boy, before looking back out. "It'll be fine," she told herself as she breath deeply. "It'll be fine." Then, she set off.

It's okay, she can handle it. Or she thought she can handle him.

The boy sigh in relief.

𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃,     𝗲𝗻𝗼𝗹𝗮 𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗺𝗲𝘀On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara