Chapter Three

𝒜𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎 𝒞𝒶𝓂𝓅𝒷𝑒𝓁𝓁
POV

Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep

I look over at my clock and see it's 6am. I'm glad I managed to actually fall asleep with all of the nerves, but I wish the time didn't come so fast. Am i ready? No. Am I going to let that stop me? Uhh, to be determined.

It's been over a year and I know I can do this, especially with my friends and family by my side.

I get up and go into the bathroom to start getting ready. As I look in the mirror, I regret my decision. I have a small scar on the side of my neck and I wish I didn't have such bad rosacea on my face. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the way I look, I don't like wearing a lot of makeup. I settle with applying a light coat of mascara and some lip gloss before plugging in my curling iron. As that heats up, I go pick out my outfit. I don't want to dress up too much but I don't want to look lazy, at least not on the first day.

I decide to go with a white crop tank top with loose fitted jeans and a flannel since it's still a little chilly in Idaho. I decide to put in on before doing my hair so I don't mess it up putting it on.

After getting my outfit on, I go into the bathroom to curl my hair. After about 30 minutes and deciding it looks good, I put on my converse and grab my backpack then head downstairs.

My mom is already in the kitchen making pancakes for me and Elliot. Garrett doesn't start school til 8:30 so he's still sleeping.

"Good morning babygirl! You look gorgeous. How did you sleep?" she rushed over to kiss my head then returns back to the pancakes.

"Morning mom, I slept pretty well. These looks delicious" I say eyeing the chocolate chip pancakes.

"Have as many as you want, they're all done!" she begins putting three pancakes on a plate then another and sets that one next to me for Elliot.

On cue, he comes stumbling down the stairs still in his pajamas. When he sees the pancakes, he wakes right up and runs over to the counter.

"Elliot James why aren't you dressed?" my mom stresses.

"It's only 6:50 and we don't have to leave for another 15 minutes. I'm good" he says without looking up from his plate. Mom rolls her eyes and walks over and kisses his cheek.

After breakfast I start packing my lunch when Elliot comes back downstairs, dressed now. I am done with my lunch by the time we have to go. We walk to the car but before Elliot puts the key in he turns to me looking oddly serious.

"Aves, I know you think you burden us with your problems but we are glad to be there for you. I'll be in the same school as you so whenever you need me, just call or text and I'll be there ok? Dad is also there so don't hesitate to get one of us at any point throughout the day" he says looking me in the eyes.

"I know Eli and I appreciate it but I'll be fine. It's gonna be a good day" honestly I'm not sure which one of us I'm trying to convince but he drops the subject even though I know he doesn't fully believe that I will get him or dad.

We begin the drive to school and I haven't felt this nervous in over a year.

———————————————————————————
𝒦𝑒𝒶𝓉𝑜𝓃 𝑅𝑒𝒾𝒹
POV

Beep Beep Beep

It's the first day of junior year and I'm ready. I've spent all summer in baseball training programs and going to the two day a week practices Coach Campbell has held. I'm ready to get back on the field and hopefully go to States.

I get up out of bed and go across the hall to the bathroom to rinse my face before going back to my room to get some clothes for the day.

I settle with a black T shirt, grey sweatpants and my black Nike sweatshirt. I gather up my backpack, phone, and books and head downstairs for breakfast.

I'm running a little late so I settle with a putting a bagel in the toaster and putting some butter on it for the road. As I finish buttering my bagel, mom and dad come downstairs all in love and shit.

They were high school sweethearts and even though I make fun of them for how attached they are to each other, it makes me happy knowing they have been in love for this long.

Before I can comprehend what's happening my little sister, Morgan comes flying at me but I catch her. I would never let her fall.

"Hi bubba, are you excited to swing the ball?" she says confidently with her pretty smile on display. I laugh at her sport reference or attempt at a sports reference and hold her on my hip.

"You bet princess. I'm gonna get a home run for you" I say as I kiss her cheek. I then turn to my parents who are looking at us smiling, my dads arms around my moms waist from behind.

"Morning mom and dad" I say to them to which mom replies "Good morning my darlings" while dad gives me a fist bump.

"I gotta head out or I'm gonna be late. Love you guys. Bye princess I'll see you later." I say while setting Morgan down.

"Have a good day my sweet boy" mom gives me a hug.

"Good luck today son" dad says slapping me on the back

"Bye Eaton" Morgan says with a lisp, not fully pronouncing the K

I wave goodbye and head out the door to my car. I set my bag in the passenger seat and see a text from Elliot telling me to meet him outside the locker room. I have a feeling this year is going to be one for the books.

———————————————————————————

What do we think so far? I know I'm probably being annoying but I want to know what you guys think.
I think I'm going to start doing a qotc (question of the chapter)
I'll try it out and see if people like it.
What was your favorite grade of school?

I hope everyone is doing good <3
-meg xoxo