4- Silk Scarves

A/N

Hey guys! I just wanted to throw in a bit of a funny chapter. Depending on whether or not people like it, I may omit it from my story. And this scenario is entirely impossible, so please keep that in mind. However, I thought of this late last night and figured I'd write it today. Sometime in the next few hours I'll begin working on Operation Cobra. Anyways, enjoy!

July 23rd, 1944: Near Marigny, France

"Boys, I swear to God, if you don't shut up, I will shoot you myself. The German's don't know where exactly you sleep." I growled. I'd been listening to them talk about Ginger Roger's... female features. All day. And all last night.

"Ooh! Is that a threat?" Aiello whistled, looking at me with that smug S.O.B look he always takes on when talking to me.

I picked up my knife and tapped the serrated edge. "Depends on which way you take it."

"Whew! Would ya look at that!" He chuckled.

"Shut it-"

"I'm not talking about you, Pierson." Aiello cut me off. "Look over there. I'll betcha there's an Admiral of the Swiss Navy in there." 

I looked where Aiello was pointing and my mouth dropped. "Shit boys. I gotta... uhm... I gotta find my dad."

"Get your disgusting hands away from me you... reprobate!" A loud, shrill voice shrieked from the car that had just arrived. 

"Did you just call him... dad?" Stiles hollered after me.

I pulled my helmet down further, slinking off towards one of the buildings that my father had been living in. Yanking the door open and slamming it behind me, I leaned against it, panting. Sergeant Pierson was sitting down on a crate, studying a piece of paper. My sudden appearance startled him, and he slammed the paper underneath some blankets nearby. 

"What the hell are you doing in here Y/N? I thought I told you NO ONE was to bother me right now." He growled.

"Well I'm sorry Dad! But I would suggest you get us out of here. Unless you want all hell to break loose." I chattered, wincing as he glared at me.

"Hell's been loose for a while now. What-"

"I asked where my EX-HUSBAND IS YOU MORON!" Another shout came from nearby, much closer than either of us wanted.

"Lord. Why didn't you start with Lucy being here!" Dad whispered urgently, his brown eyes darting back from the door to his disheveled appearance.

"Well how the hell was I supposed to know she was going to be here? And how... We could be bombed or attacked any moment. I don't know how she got here!" I defended myself. 

"I would much rather have been shelled on that beach than have to face... Lucy." He sighed, shoving his flask and cigarettes underneath the blankets.

"I definitely agree."

I had never really known my birth mother. She had died a long time ago, in child birth with a sibling that didn't survive. I was two at the time. About five years later, he married a woman named Lucy, who quickly became rich and intolerable through her father's business. I had grown up around her, but never acknowledged her as my mother. She... on the other hand thought I was her child. Tried to order me around all the time like I was hers. 

"WILLIAM PIERSON!" I heard her voice from outside the door and looked at my dad. He nodded for me to stay put.

"What the hell do you want Lucy?!" He shouted back at her. 

"Well first of all, I want you to let me in this room!" Lucy hissed, rattling the door knob furiously. 

He nodded his head at me, and I backed away quickly, causing her to stumble into the room. She cleared her throat, and straightened herself back up. "What are you doing here Lucy?"

Lucy walked over to me and grabbed me by the shoulder. "Here to get my daughter! Now that I have her, you won't have to see me EVER again."

I shrugged her hold off and sat down next to my father. "First of all, I am NOT your daughter. Ann Pierson was my mother. She died a long time ago. As far as I'm concerned, any mother figure I had died with her. Second of all, you don't have the right to tell me what to do."

"Why you little brat! I'm trying to save you from facing battle. God knows I don't want my baby getting shot at!" She pouted, clutching her purse.

"I've already been through battle. And I'm over eighteen. You can't tell me what to do." I shook my head and grabbed a cigarette from my pocket. "You got a light Pa?"

He chuckled and held out a lighter. I lit it and took a puff. "What the- that is not becoming of a young lady!"

"She doesn't have to listen to you. Now get out. We could get attacked at any time." Dad growled, pointing towards the door.

"I'm not leaving without Y/N!" She straightened herself out, trying to glare at my father. 

"Suit yourself." I laughed and opened the window looking out over where my squad was lounging around. "Boys!"

"COMING!" They all shouted in sync.

"What are you doing?" Lucy asked. 

"You refused to get your ass out of this place. We will gladly take you out ourselves." I pointed out. 

"You do not use that language around me!" She gasped, clearly taken aback.

"Yeah? Y/N?" Red asked, leaning against the door with the others behind him, peeking into the room.

"Please remove my father's ex-wife from this room. And get her back to Enid, Oklahoma." I ordered.

"How the hell did she even get here?" Aiello asked, frowning in confusion.

"I don't know. And I'm not going to ask." 

Red took Lucy by the arm and politely dragged her out of the room. She was yelling and shouting the entire time. I sat down on an empty crate and dragged Pa's canteen out. 

"I'll leave you with that. I'm going to go take a nap."