Pushing yourself off the walls to wander around the exam site again, you brushed your hands against your shirt, realizing you wearing your old clothes from the first time you took the exam. A plain comfortable slate-colored hoodie with white drawstrings and dark blue colored shorts. You had worn white socks and grey-colored sneakers to match your color scheme. 

You still appreciated what great taste you had compared to many others.

You weaved your way around the crowd slowly, wondering if you had shrunk. During the past couple of years, you did grow a few inches, of course. It's not gonna outgrow a couple of adults though, but at least you were taller than your friends.

You spotted a tuff of black spiky hair. Your eyes widen at the familiarity of it. Instinctively you were drawn in while moving around people. You even shoved past some people, falling deaf to their protests as you disappeared within the crowd.

A boy with the same tacky green outfit, the same black colored hair with accents of green, the same fishing pole, the same yellow backpack. He happily chatted with his friends without a care in the world. He lacked the spite and resentment in his eyes, the more built figure of his. He lacked some of the scars he gained.

He looked just as he did before.

Your throat tightened uncomfortably. An image forming in your head.

Mangled, dismembered corpse. Too much blood. You couldn't even recognize him.

You brought your hand to your mouth, feeling sick as tears pricked at your eyes. At this rate, you might just spiral back down again. 

He smiled brightly, oblivious to the boy watching him as he playfully messed with an older-looking male that has a slight stubble to his face and round glasses adorning him, dressed fancy in a suit. 

You remembered what had happened now.

When was the last time he's seen him so happy like this? So carefree?

You wanted to puke. You couldn't get rid of the image in your head. You wanted to cry. You wanted to scream.

Was this a sick joke?

Were you finally dead? Is Gon waiting for you?

Why was he alive..?

Thoughts were thrown around his head, going unanswered as he openly stared at the boy. 

It didn't feel real.

You swallowed dryly. Your stomach was empty so it's not like you had anything to puke up fortunately for you. Slowly, you brought your hands away from your mouth, looking down at them. They're lacking the scars you've gained over the years and the roughness.

It feels too real to be fake, then again you've always had quite realistic dreams. You didn't know...

It's like you went back in the past.

The walls began to rumble, making the ground shake. You brought your attention away, distracted as your mind fogged over, conflicted as the wall in front of the crowd rose up, gaining an entrance with a ring that was soon shut off after it opened. 

"I apologize for the wait." A slim periwinkle colored hair man stood there with a monotone expression. He has no mouth and has a fancy-looking mustache and wore a suit.

"The entrance exam for Hunter applicants has now closed."

You recognize that man as Sato. The first examiner for the hunter applicants. Your posture is a bit stiff, but at least this took your mind off things. You listened quietly just as others did, reaching your hand to touch the badge you suddenly noticed on your shirt.

You wondered if this was really a dream. If Gon is alive now...then...surely Killua would have to be here too, right?

The thought of seeing them both together both excited and created dread within you. There's a quiet reminder in the back of your mind, warning you to not get too close.

But, if there's the slightest chance that you somehow got back into the past.

You fully intend on changing their fates from the last time...

"The hunter exam will now begin!"