Emily's Story

So I was bullied a lot as a young girl (mostly for my weight) and before I got into secondary school I didn't really have many friends.

In year seven, I got a whole load of social medias and started branching out in the community, and I made friends over the internet and everything seemed to be getting better

I thought everything was fine until yr 8 (when I finally started to try and make friends with a group in my year) and the one person in my group who I was actually friendly with accused me of bullying her.

I hadn't, and if anything she had been bullying me.

However she managed to get a lot of the popular kids to believe her, and I was stuck on my own for a lot of yr 8. She got people to come up to me in the library and say stuff like "you're really fat" and "when is the baby going to be born"

Although I managed to make friends with the group, for some reason I decided to let her back into my life. Now although I have never been diagnosed with anything, I am quite sensitive about mental health topic, especially as I've had family members badly affected by them, and one actually died of anorexia. She got the entirety of my group of friends worried when (in yr 10) she faked a suicide attempt. She said she was depressed and also said her sister had cancer when she didn't (even saying she had cancer to some teachers).

I finally am trying to permanently cut her out my life (although she doesn't seem to be getting the message.) I am getting rid of her negativity.

It's yr 10 and I am finally starting to be happy with my decisions, and I really hope this year will be great.