James rushed to the kitchen and was met with a brown barn owl, he gave it some treats and untied the bag it was carrying.

He narrowed his eyes. The contents felt slightly weighty.

James left the kitchen with his mum, meeting the other two Marauders and his father in the living room.

"So, who's it from? You think it's Evans gift to you?" Padfoot asked.

His parents and Moony laughed. He cringed, he hoped not. This was the first winter in which he did not write her lengthy love letters.

"No, I don't think so."

He joined them on the floor and opened the large pouch, he found three letters, all from the same sender, the senders name written in beautiful calligraphy-- Severus Snape. His heart skipped a beat.

Grinning, he said, "It's from Severus."

James had never seen his friends move so fast in his life.

He passed them their own letters and they all fell into silence. James was quite sure the other two were staring at their unopened letters just as himself.

He heard his father clearing his throat, he had a glint of mischief in his eye, "Are you talking about the Severus you boys were deliberating over in my study?"

James' eyes widened, "You were listening? That's not fair!"

"What did you expect from me? You lot were huddled in my study as if you were getting ready for war. Not to mention, I was worried about the condition of my study."

His mother intervened before he could speak, "Why don't you boys open the letters and see what's inside. You'll never know no matter how hard you stare at them."

James opened his and read the letter. It went as follows:

Dear James,
This is embarrassing. Nevertheless, here's your Christmas gift.
I saw it and it reminded me of you, I--i thought it'd suite you.
I hope you like it.
--Severus

It was short and to the point, yet it made James' heart swoon. Maybe because he could envision Severus' flushed cheeks as he wrote this.

He slowly pulled out a ring box? Looking up, he noticed his friends having a similar reaction as his. His parents leaned in.

"Well open it!" His mum urged.

He hesitantly opened the box and the contents left him breathless. What in the name of Merlin was Severus thinking when he got him this ring? It screamed of royalty. It was gold band with ruby detailing on the band. That's not what blew him away.

The ring had a gem that was lodged into what looked like the antlers of a stag with the head of said stag seen as well.

He vaguely heard his mother gasp, along with Padfoot and Moony.

He hastily shut the box and clutched his chest, his heart was beating erratically. How overwhelming. Did Severus not know what he was doing to James?

"Let me see that ring James," his mother said, outstretching her hand to him. Fumbling, he handed her the box.

"You too boys," she said. Looking at Padfoot and Moony. They did as ordered.

James and his friends huddled at the coffee table to watch as she laid the boxes there and opened them. His mum observed them with extreme scrutiny, handling them with care and holding them up to the light, she was humming.

She squeaked after a minute or two.

"Honey! They really are those rings. I can't believe it!" She exclaimed, sweeping into the chair besides her husband.

"What do you mean those rings Mum?" James asked.

She looked at them, "Boys. Is Severus your boyfriend?"

She was met with silence.

Moony spoke up, "Erm no, he isn't our boyfriend. He's not dating any one of us."

"Ah, I see. But you like him, no?" She said.

James felt his face heat up, he heard Padfoot stutter momentarily and he heard Moony say, with a certainty James has never heard coming from him.

"Yes. We do."

She grinned, "At least tell me that you three are already dating."

"Mum!" James reprimanded, throwing a pillow at her.

"What? You guys cuddle up like lovers when you sleep." She said. Laughing as she dodged the pillow her son threw at her.

^_^^_^^_^

Remus glanced at Sirius one more time as he said, "So. We all have a crush on Severus."

Remus along with James nodded.

"When did you guys realize?"

Remus spoke first, "During my fall out with you two. I realised at the lake when he came to cheer me up."

Sirius and James jerked their heads back, "Since then?" They asked.

Remus nodded. "What about you guys."

"I realised that I like him around the time I argued with Evans I guess." They nodded.

"What about you Pads?" James asked.

Flushing, Sirius replied, "When he hugged me that day after finding me."

Sighing Remus asked the big question, "So what are we going to do? We can't just all bombard him with confessions. He'd get overwhelmed. And I don't know about you guys but I'm not backing down. Not unless Severus chooses one of you over me. "

They nodded, "Me neither."

Sirius groaned, "I'd never thought there'd be a day that I liked a guy. Not to mention my friends like him too."

James and Remus chuckled, "Me too."

"Can we just try courting him, y'know, the traditional way. We all make it known that we'd like to be with him and give the others a fair chance. Meaning be respectful, that's one thing that most purebloods do right, giving their contenders a fair chance at it," Sirius said.

Remus thought about it and nodded, along with James.

Author's Note : Hii lovelies! So, finally an update. I've been busy with exams recently(they are hard), so I haven't been able to get some writing done. I wanted to give y'all something so here's a chapter. It's short. I know... anyway, stay safe, vote and comment.