"He's one of them!" Harry exclaimed.

Ron glanced between his two friends as if he was the only one who have been left out. He was puzzled about this whole conversation and didn't know where this was going. "One of who?" he asks.

The brunette girl huffs, she then enlightens the lost boy. "Harry's under the impression Draco Malfoy is now a Deatheater!"

Aine felt Draco's hand tighten around hers and she took a sharp inhale of a breath. She looks at the boy next to her, wondering if she should enter the compartment and stop them from blabbering any further. It was clear that he was feeling self-conscious and uncomfortable, both he and Aine hated the fact that they were both Deatheaters now. The mark hidden beneath their sleeves constantly reminded them they were as horrible and wicked as the rest of Voldemort's followers.

"You're barking!" Ron burst into a fit of laughter, making Aine and Draco looked at him. Was it really that big of a shock that he had lost his mind at the revelation? The red-head boy continued, "What would You-Know-Who want with a sod like Malfoy?"

"Ouch," Draco commented at the blunt remark.

"You're nothing of sort, Draco," Aine reassures him.

Ron went on, the words spewing out of his mouth astounded Aine. "You know he has changed ever since Aine started dating him! I doubt he'll do such stupid things and disappoint Aine!"

Aine smiles at her favourite carrot-head friend. She was thankful that Ron of all people was defending Draco, considering all of the bad blood the two had shared before. Despite Ron's heartwarming defence, Aine had felt even more guilty. In truth, Ron was wrong. It wasn't just Draco who had become a Deatheater, doing stupid things, she too had done equally if not more foolish and inhumane things. Not to mention the atrocities they were going to commit.

But what choice did they have, really?

The girl's mood went sour when she began to think about what will happen. Her smile falls from her face and she looks away from her friends. She suddenly felt ashamed and didn't want to join her friends anymore. She wasn't sure she could keep a straight face even if she did wander into their compartment. 

"Let's just go..." she said to Draco.

"Don't you want to go in and join them?" he asks cautiously. He scanned her expression and offered, "I can always go find Blaise and Cyrus."

Aine shook her head, she gave him a forced smile. "It's alright, I don't think it's wise to intrude on their conversation." 

Nodding, Draco gives their intertwined hands a shake and they proceed deeper into the Hogwarts Express where they were met with his Slytherin friends who were more than willing to let the couple sit with them. It was an odd combination of people but they had banded well after last year's secret training sessions. The four began exchanging greetings, catching up on the time they had missed during the holidays. Aine sitting next to Blaise and opposite Draco who had sat with Cyrus.

Blaise smirks at Draco, "So, making it official, huh?" he jerks to his friends' laced fingers displayed on the table.

"Hasn't it been official for quite some time already?" Draco replied with a smug look on his face, he meets Aine's eyes and her lips tremble to curl again.

"Should we give you some time alone?" Cyrus suggested to the couple who flushed at the offer, getting shy. Everyone simply laughed it off before Cyrus started again. "So, you're a prefect now. Congratulations, Aine."

Aine shrugs, stretching her shoulders awkwardly. "Yep," she replies, popping the 'p'. She didn't know whether it was a good thing or not now that she had another title added to her name. "I don't know... Seems like a hassle. I'm more of a rule broker than a rule follower," she said. Though she would very much love to contradict the sentence she had just said. There were times when she believed that rules were important to follow but lately, she just felt the adrenaline rush and thrill of breaking them.