4- how to get back to normal (aka another filler chapter)

(literally just slight redesigns and a little bit of techno lore and more on the main conflict yippeeeeee)

"No, Tommy, I will not bring you on patrol with me." Techno says, not looking up from his book.

Tommy whines, collapsing on top of him.

"Please!" Tommy pleads, wrapping his arms around Techno.

He hasn't patrolled in three weeks! He needs to move! He's a growing boy, he needs a little stimulus!

Tommy stands up, turning around.

He'll just go on his own, then! He doesn't need Techno! Or Tubbo and Ranboo!

A hand grabs his hood, pulling him down.

"Down. At least one more healer visit. And I also want permission from Tubbo and Ranboo." He says, tucking Tommy under his arm. Tommy is effectively immobilized.

Tommy bites his arm, growling low in his throat.

Techno looks at him, raising an eyebrow.

Tommy shakes his head, biting down as hard as he can.

"You're like a mad puppy. You're so pouty." Techno teases. Techno adjusts a bit, just turning Tommy so he can't bite him again.

Tommy lashes his tail, growling and being generally unhappy.

Techno just hums, patting him on the head and reading his book.

Tommy moves to try and read it too. He might as well, his captivity is pretty boring.

Techno looks over, huffing out a laugh. He starts reading out loud.

Tommy leans into him, burying his face in his neck, purring quietly.

Techno adjusts himself so he can hold the book with one hand, the other settling in Tommy's hair.

He's warm. He smells like candles and fireplaces, the general woody burning smell. He also smells like winter. Like snow and pine trees. It's a good smell.

He closes his eyes, nuzzling into Techno's hold.

He sighs contentedly, his tail wagging slightly.

Techno is nice. He's warm and he smells good and he gives tight hugs.

Tommy is okay with this. He definitely wants to go on patrol, but this is alright.

For now, everything is okay.

For now, Tommy is okay.

For now, there is no creepy dream voice, there is no school, there is no nothing.

Right now, everything is okay.

They might not be later. Later he may want to go on patrol more or the dream voice may come back, but not right now.

Tommy can live with that.

=====

golden trash child

gold

gold pog

technobrother

protectnoblade

yoooo gold child pog

The voices infesting Techno's head seem quiet today. They always are when Techno is around Tommy.

Something about his obscenely stressful personality calms the voices.

If the voices like him, Techno can tolerate him. He'll do anything to quiet their constant droning.