3- how to write an alright fluff chapter before the plot (+ foreshadowing)

"can you hear me, sunshine...?"

Tommy jolts awake, clutching his side as the pain from the stab wound jolts through his body.

Who was that? What happened?

That sounded like when Dream tried to get into his dreams.

Someone is trying to talk to him. Why would that be all he said? Was there more?

Who was it?

His brother was the only one who called him sunshine.

But he didn't have any powers. And he's. Y'know.

Dead.

He wraps his arms around his knees, holding them to his chest.

Who? Why? How?

Fuck.

"TOMATHY DANGER KRAKEN INNIT BELOVED UNDERSCORE MINECRAFT."

Double fuck.

Tommy turns around, and Tubbo stands in the doorway of his.. hospital room.

He's in a damn hospital.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH FUCKING LYING AND STRETCHING I HAD TO DO TO GET PHIL TO STOP QUESTIONING ME? I TOLD HIM YOU GOT MUGGED BUT GOT NOTHING STOLEN! AND THEN I HAD TO EXPLAIN TECHNO'S CAR BEING GONE! YOU ARE SO LUCKY THAT I DON'T UNPLUG YOUR DAMN IV AND FILL IT WITH GASOLINE!"

The smell of bleach stings his nose and burns his eyes. The lights are so bright. It's so white. So clean.

He hasn't been in this hospital before. This is new.

"Clay?"

Clay looked down, holding Theseus's hand tightly.

It hurt.

Theseus didn't say anything, though. Clay was nice. He didn't mean to hurt Theseus. Theseus shouldn't be rude. That was his first rule. That was the most important rule.

Clay looked mad.

Theseus had never been here before. It was new.

There was a room with a big metal door.

Clay opened it, pushing Theseus inside.

Cages.

Children.

Blood.

Blood, but no screaming.

Bodies, but no screaming.

It was far too silent.

They all seemed far too resigned to their fate. Whatever that fate was.

There was only one empty cage, with a name engraved on the metal plate in front of it.

Theseus.

Clay shoved Theseus inside of it, walking away.

But why?

Clay was nice. He was always so nice.

He would come back.

"-ommy?"

Tommy screams, shoving his hands over his ears.

He buries his face in his knees, rocking back and forth.

Dream is gone. He's gone.

Clay was gone before Dream was gone. Clay never even existed, really. He was a lie. A lie that Dream made up. A lie that Dream made up to lure him in.