Consolation and comfort (Terra x reader)

This chapter takes place before and after the mark of mastery exam on BBS.

It was a nice day in the Land Of Departure, you were with your three friends, Terra, Ventus and Aqua before the mark of mastery exam which only Terra and Aqua was taking. "Are you ready for the exam Terra?" You asked your closest friend and crush while he looked stoic, as usual.

"Yeah, I just hope it's easy and not too hard." He said while practicing some of his moves. You tried to relax Terra some more with words, "Well, you've been practicing for years! I'm sure you'll do good!" You encouraged Terra, which seems to have worked. Then, Aqua arrived to you and Terra hanging out. "I hope I didn't catch you at a bad time, but it's time for the exam. Are you ready, Terra?" He took a deep breath before nodding, grabbing his keyblade and left to go take the mark of mastery exam. To not have Terra and Aqua feel more nervous, you decided to not go to the exam, not  wanting to feel out of place.

~Timeskip to after the exam~

'I wonder if the exam is finished yet.' You thought to yourself when you haven't seen Terra nor Aqua in a little while. As if on cue, you saw Terra leave the building, but he didn't look too happy when you saw him. 'I wonder what's wrong?' You thought as you approached the brunette. "Hey Terra! How did the exam go?" He didn't reply to your question, just sitting on the front steps, disappointed.

"I didn't make it. My darkness jeopardized my chance to become a keyblade master. I should feel proud for Aqua, and I do! But I worked so hard for that title, and I screwed up." You didn't know how to react to what he said except just sitting next to him and calmly rub his back, comforting him from his sadness. "Well, you may not have passed. But that doesn't make you any less special than Aqua! You're still a keyblade master in my eyes." He portrayed a small smile with your words of encouragement.

"Thank you (Y/N). You saying that helped me a lot." He hugged you and you just blushed, not expecting him to hug you like that. "You're welcome. I did want to say something else......" He felt curious by how your tone went shy all of a sudden. "What is it (Y/N)?" Terra asked you. You wanted to confess your attraction towards the brunette. Perhaps it would make his day better? You took a deep breath before you confessed your feelings to him.

"Terra, you are my closest friend. I enjoy being with you and you are so easy to talk to. I just wanted to say that I like you! Like, a whole lot." Terra didn't know what to say about you having a crush on him except that he leaned forward and captured your lips in a small kiss, much to your surprise. You closed your eyes and kissed him back, having your fingers tangle in his spiky, brown hair. After a few moments, you and him broke the kiss, gazing into each others eyes.

"That made my day a lot better (Y/N). Thank you." Terra said as he held you, "You're welcome Terra!"

End of this chapter.