"Just cooperate." He said to me. "I will meet you at the station." I shook my head as they placed me in the backseat of the car.

This shit was stupid as fuck. I never took Ken as the type of girl to lie about some shit like this. This could fuck up everything. My scholarship, and my eligibility to play is gonna be affected by this. I rested my head on the back of the seat as we pulled off.

People were standing outside recording on their phone. I spotted Kennedy in the crowd and we made eye contact. I rolled my eyes before looking to the other side.

I can not believe this shit.

Parker

"Yo, Parker?" I heard Elijah call out after me. I turned and waited for him to catch up. "You been a lil distant, and you seemed zoned out in class. You straight?"

"Yea, just got a lot of shit going on."

We reached my car and leaned against the driver's side door. He grabbed my hand and caressed it before looking at me.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asked. I sighed. I knew he wasn't gonna take no for an answer.

"My kid's father is back in town, and he brought his other baby mama with him."

"Damn. They back together?"

"Nah. It's just some shit goin on I can't really talk about."

"Well, let me take your mind off things. Come out with me tonight."

"Are you asking me out on a date sir?"

"Maybe, depends on your answer though."

"I would love to."

"Perfect. I will pick you up at 8." I nodded. He bent down and planted a kiss on my cheek before walking over to his car. I unlocked my car doors before hopping in. My phone vibrated causing me to look down. It was a text from Nico telling me to meet him at the club. I rolled my eyes before pulling out of the parking lot.

I've been keeping my distance since he dropped the bomb on me about Messiah, and moving Avery here. I understand his reasoning, but I just wish he communicated that with me beforehand. I guess he doesn't really owe me anything since we're not together. I just hope this shit doesn't backfire.

I pulled up the club about 20 minutes later. There were a couple of cars in the parking lot. I assumed it was a few of the workers getting the place ready for tonight.

I got out the car and locked my doors before heading in. I waved to Carmelo, the bartender, before heading up to the office. I knocked before walking in. Nico was sitting in the chair feeding Myles.

"Wassup?" He said to me.

"Hey." I took a seat in front of him and kicked my feet up on the desk.

"The numbers look good. You held shit down while I was gone."

"You thought I was gonna fuck up?"

"Nah." He chuckled. "I knew you could handle it."

"Why you call me here?"

"You been acting weird."

"I just been focusing on school. I wasn't able to really focus on my work while you was gone so."

"You feel a way about Avery being here?"

"That's your business, and I ain't got nothing to do with that. I don't trust her though, which is exactly why she not dancin here. You better watch your back too."

"I am." He nodded. "You heard from Winter?"

"I stopped calling. She wasn't responding. I felt like I was wasting my time."

"I saw her when I was in Houston. Reach out again."

"Hey y'all." I turned and saw Ari standing at the door.

"Hey babe." I smiled and she walked over and took a seat in the chair by me.

"Imma leave y'all to it." Nico said. I watched as he placed Myles in the car seat and walked out the room.

"Bitch, I know that's not Avery baby." Ari said snapping her head in my direction.

"Long story that I do not wanna get into right now. We got beef."

"What beef?"

"Why the hell did you give Elijah Nico's address."

"Because girl you need some new dick and I got tired of seeing you mope around about Nico's ass."

"I was not moping, I was just frustrated that he wasn't communicating with me at all knowing that our kids were sick."

"Call it what you want, but deep down you was in yo feelings. And Elijah is cute, and he's your age. Your life been complicated as hell. He's the only thing normal you got right now."

She was right. He was the only normal thing in my life at this moment. I just didn't wanna involve him in my mess, especially now.

"He asked me on a date tonight." She squealed before clasping her hands together.

"Please tell me you said yes."

"I did. Nothing major though."

"Girl please. I see you tryna hide that kool-aid smile. You deserve a happy ending, and Elijah just might be that."

"Just might."

"I-" She was cut off by her phone ringing. "Hold on." She said to me. "Hello? Wait, Ace slow down. He what? What the fuck? Right now? Okay. I said okay! Call me when you get answers. I love you too, bye." She sighed loudly before tossing her phone to the side. "Fuck!"

"Everything good?"

"That was Ace. Amir just called him.. from jail."

"Jail? What the fuck happened?"

"He's being charged with sexual assault. Ace is getting on a flight right now to go see him."

"Sexual assault? There's no way."

She sighed loudly before resting her hands on her stomach.

"Don't stress out too much. I'm sure Ace is gonna get to the bottom of it."

"He better. I need the full story, that's why I told him to call me when he gets answers."

"I know the story." Vanessa said from the doorway causing both me and Ari to jump.

"How long you been there?" She walked into the room and took a seat in the chair behind the desk.

"Long enough." She sighed. "This is my fault."

"You better tell us everything." Ari said. "And fast."