"A Real Girl."

Paintbrush waved goodbye to me as I entered my classroom. When I looked inside, the only empty chair was at a table with three other kids. The apple noticed my presence and motioned me to come and sit with them. 
     Once I sat down, the apple grabbed the other two's attention, and all three stared at me. I smiled awkwardly.

     "Well, you gonna say something to the kid?" Marshmallow said to the apple.

     "Oh- right. Welcome new kid! I'm Apple, this right here is Bow, and that over there is Marshmallow!" She stuck out her hand. "Nice to meet you!"

     I grabbed Apple's hand and she shook it hard. Once she let go she looked directly into my soul.

     "What's your name?" Apple asked, Marshmallow rolled her eyes.

     "Is it not obvious?" Marshmallow asked Apple. Apple shrugged her shoulders.

     "I'm Lightbulb." Bow looked at me funny.

     "Oh, sorry. This table is for girls only." Bow motioned me to scram, Marshmallow glared at Bow.

     "Actually, I am a girl." Bow's eyebrows raised.

     "Are you serious? You totally pranked me!" Bow crossed her arms and huffed.

     "Ignore her, she's not in a good mood from last period." Bow scoffed at Marshmallow's statement.

     Apple began to converse with the other two, leaving me to just listen. I mean, I shouldn't be mad. After all, I was invited to the table. That never happened at my old school.
     The teacher came in and told us to just relax for today. I felt relief, no more having to say anything to anyone! That way I can't get bullied for my stupid boy voice.

     "Say Lightbulb, I remember you from third period!" Marshmallow sighed. "I'm sorry about that whole mess, I hope it hasn't been happening all day."

     I laugh awkwardly.

     "Yeah, I wish. Almost every period there was a comment on my voice. I just wish I wasn't born like this, you know?" Marshmallow looked at me, confused.

     "Born like what?" My eyes widened.

     Shit.

     "Oh um you know, with the voice! I mean, none of them would have said anything if I sounded like a real girl!" Marshmallow raised an eyebrow.

     "What do you mean by "a real girl"?" Bow asked.

     Why are they investigating me?

     "Um..."

     "Are you a real girl?" Apple asked.

     "Yes..?" Bow crossed her arms.

     "You don't sound very confident."

     "Well, what else would I be?"

     "A fake girl." Apple blurted out.

     ...

     There was just silence.

     ...

     Am I a fake girl?

     ...

     Does my voice make me a fake girl?

     ...

     I wish I was a real girl.

     ...