With no strength to stand, gonna reach for your hand

August 17th, 2022

^Rosemarie Zeynep Nuray Hathaway-Mazur^

What the actual fuck?! Ugh, Lissa and her fucking puppy dog eyes convinced me to be in a band with her. Why in the hell do I need to be up at the ass crack of dawn for fucking rehearsal before our talk show appearance? Then I have that interview with that sleazeball Jesse Zeklos, if he so much as even tries to grab my ass, again, I'll clock him in the balls with my knee. I yawn and slowly sit up. I ignore every instinct to yank my alarm clock out of the wall and chuck it at the wall. I walk into my bathroom and strip before stepping into the shower and letting the hot water wash over me. I wash my body making sure not to get my locs wet. I rinse off, step out, and wrap a big purple fluffy towel around me. I pat myself dry and apply baby oil all over before throwing on a black lace strapless bra and a matching thong. I part my hair and pull my locs into two high ponytails with a few locs hanging out. I run through my face routine and brush my teeth. I throw on some sunscreen and lipgloss before heading into my bedroom. Thank god I live by myself, mostly I have a dog, and not with Liss and Sparky. It's more than a little awkward living with your ex and her soulmate. So not gonna happen no matter how much I love them both.

I throw on some deodorant and strawberry pound cake-scented body spray. I put in some gold hoops and throw on a gold necklace set. I do a slight silvery smokey eye look, throw on some red glossy lipstick and do a bold cat eye. I then slip on my black skinny jeans and slip on my black ankle booties and lace them up tightly. I pull on my maroon off-the-shoulder long-sleeve cropped top. "Alright c'mon girl let's go into the backyard before we leave for rehearsal," I call to Yara my American Staffordshire Terrier pup. I found her abandoned on the side of the road two months ago and fell in love with her. I took her to the vet and got her checked out and brought her home and she's been here ever since. She eagerly jumps up from the bed and sprints downstairs to the kitchen. She drinks her water and gobbles down her food before heading to the back door. I let her out and she runs around and does her business before coming back in. I lock the back door and put her harness on. We walk to the front door where I grab my purse and keys before walking outside. I lock the front door and head over to my bright yellow Mercedes truck. I unlock the door and open the back door and Yara hops in and lies down happily. I strap her in with the seat belt and shut the door.

                   I hop in the driver's seat and shut the door before starting the car, I turn on the radio and pull out of the driveway

I hop in the driver's seat and shut the door before starting the car, I turn on the radio and pull out of the driveway. I hum along to 'Breakfast' by 'Dove Cameron'. After a while, I pull through the drive-through of Starbucks and order a large strawberry & creme frappuccino and three chicken croissants, two for me and one for Yara. I pull into a parking space and let her eat while I eat mine and slowly sip my drink. I then pull out of the spot and drive the rest of the way to the studio. After twenty minutes of driving, I pull into a parking spot and park before turning the car off. I get out and shut the door, I grab my purse and drink and let Yara out of her seatbelt and she jumps out. I grab her leash and she sits with a happy grin. I shut the backdoor and lock the car before walking to the doors and heading inside. "Rose, you're on time for once! And you brought Yara. Hi baby, Auntie Lissa's missed you." Liss cheers before smothering Yara's head in kisses. I roll my eyes and hand Liss Yara's leash.

                "Yup Liss

"Yup Liss. It's nice to see you too Liss." I scoff rolling my eyes with a grin. Liss blushes and stands up before wrapping me in a hug. I hug her back and do a double take what the fuck? She told me to wear heels but she's not? I thought we both were. "What gives Liss? I thought we were both wearing heels. If I knew you would skip out on it I woulda wore my docs." I huff pointing at her pink converse.

"Oh um I was running late this morning and just grabbed the first shoes by the door. I could always have the stylist bring some heels by for the talk show appearance." Liss frowns. She then brightens up and smiles cheerily at me. "But since I knew you'd be grumpy about being up so early I brought a gift for you." Liss smirks gesturing her head in the direction of the sound booth.

"Oh you brought me donuts Liss? I love you sooo much." I grin and press a kiss on her cheek. She grins and leads Yara into the sound booth. I follow them with a very noticeable skip in my step.

"I know Rose. It's why we're the unique type of exs who still get along and love each other. We're great as best friends not so much as romantic partners. Plus we're not soulmates. At least in the romantic sense." Liss smiles before sitting in the big pink fluffy chair she brought in from home. I snort and shake my head at her. I guess she does have a point. Me and Liss realized we weren't soulmates and decided to break up instead of falling hard for each other only to later break each other's hearts when one of us inevitably found ours. We didn't want to ruin our friendship like that.

"Alright so what do we need to go over before the talk show appearance?" I ask sitting on the couch and throwing my legs on the coffee table. I open a box of donuts and grab a chocolate glazed and much one it. Lissa grabs some sheet music and passes it to me. "These are the new singles we've been working in right? You wanna perform one at the talk show?" I ask looking through the music.

Liss gets this excited gleam in her eye. Uh oh. "Yes, I want us to perform the new one where you take lead vocals and the older one where it's more even between us. Or maybe the second one could be a cover? Maybe a Daughtry or Dove Cameron song?" Liss explains excitedly.

That's actually a really good plan. "Hmm I actually really like that plan Liss. So I'll preform '10 Things I Hate About You' and we'll split the song 'I'll Fight' by Daughtry. We both love that song and could belt it in our sleep." I grin excitedly at the thought of getting to play the new song. Liss grins and gives me a thumbs up before pulling out her songwriting journal. Huh guess she's working on something new for our next performance.