0.0.5

While you were bedridden, all of the Hashira took it upon themselves to do your missions so you could have a successful recovery, so you didn't get many visitors and you were often in your little  bedroom in the butterfly mansion, with the exception with Shinobu often checking up on your condition. You were silently on your bed, playing with a little fox plushy that the hashira's gave you, peacefully minding your own business.

No one pov

Sanemi walked through the halls of the butterfly mansion, ready to visit (Y/N) before he saw Tanjiro in the distance, opening her door before he could warn them. "WAIT, DONT OPEN IT LI-" 

your pov

Tanjiro excitedly opened the door, it slamming against the wall to your room. One the door's noice left, it was left by complete silence besides your little quivering voice.

"N..Wha....P-please... don't hurt....P-PLEASE..!" You cried out, tucking yourself into a little ball. Tanjiro was shoved to the side by Sanemi, who ran right over to your room, as if predicting what would happen.

"Hey, Kid! You're fine! Ugh, shit!" Sanemi cursed, clearing being upset at your heavily distressed state. Shinobu walked by to investigate the noice, seeing your upset figure.

"Shinazugawa!? What happened!?" She cried out, dashing into the room and crouching next to you, making you shun away even more.

"That dumbass opened her door fast!" Sanemi retorted. Shinobu had a flat expression, but Tanjiro could smell her rage. 

"Tanjiro, you mustn't open doors like that around Y/N chan. The night we met Y/N, she was attacked by a demon in her home, who slammed the door open very quickly as you did. It's best to slowly open doors around Y/N chan, so please make an effort to do so from now on." Shinobu informed Tanjiro, who felt awful.

"I- I didn't know, i'm so sorry Y/N-san!" Tanjiro bowed 90 degrees. He never wanted to cause the girl any more suffering or pain then what she had already gone through, and he would never make the same mistake again.

"Sweetie, you're alright! Nobody will ever hurt you here, okay?" Shinobu sweetly said, but you were still upset. You were shaking and sitting the farthest away from everyone on your bed.

Sanemi sighed. He hated the fact that you were terrified, and he was right with you, that he couldn't just stop it. "Mochi, i'm here. I saved you that day and I always will again." Sanemi said, using your secret nickname. He was heavily against using it with both Shinobu and Tanjiro around, but desperate times call for desperate measures. 

"C'mere. I gotcha." Sanemi said, slowly approaching you and engulfing you into a hug. You were shaking and tears silently flowed from your eyes as you tightly grasped onto Sanemi's Haori. Sanemi gently rocked you back and forth along with mumbling random comforting words and sounds in the hope of lulling you to sleep, to which he eventually achieved. 

"I'll take her to my office." Shinobu said. "No, I got her." Sanemi said, clearly showing you were staying with him for the rest of the day.

As Sanemi sat at his estate, you cradled in his arms, he replayed the memory of how he found you over and over. The look on your face was something he would never forget. How it was so expressionless but was also so sad

Sanemi wished he never took you back to the Ubayashiki estate. Don't get him wrong, he loves you like a little sister, but he hates how your involved with all this morbid stuff with demons for your age, but he realized there wasn't much he could do now. You were ranked Hashira, and he knew you would be stubborn with him if he asked you to stop.

"What happened." Muichiro suddenly said, making Sanemi snap out of this thoughts and look up to be greeted by the Mist Hashira. "She got spooked and she got reminded of bad memories. She just needs some rest." Sanemi said, looking back down at your relaxed sleeping face.

How someone could be so traumatized but at peace was a mystery to him.

Once night time hit, Sanemi went back to his estate to his bedroom and laid down on the king sized bed, watching you snuggle into the fluffy pillow. Sanemi left to get dressed and got right into bed, looking at your peaceful expression. He sighed before draping his blanket messily over you, before turning onto his back and stared up at the ceiling.

Sanemi loathes the day you get assigned to missions again.