2

" Didu yaar thak gayi hoon mein ab nahi aur chalri mein tere saath kahi"

" Ha mumma bahut thak gaye hai, please ice cream khane chale?"

Aarya and I pout looking at my sister speed walking and then turning to see us looking thake haare.

She shook her head at our not so discreet drama and then said," Mishti, Aaru  pakka yeh last store bahut cute tops dikhe hai aarya ke liye bas dekh kar we'll come back and then relax." She says with her eyes acting all cute.

Jab she makes all puppy eyes at me (the same which were passed onto Aarya) I could never say no.
Complaining about emotional blackmail I huffed and took my dearest niece in my arms and followed my sister motioning her to lead the way.

" Masu kya mein 2 ice creams kha sakti hoon?" Aaru asked using her puppy eyes at me and holding out two fingers.

"Haww!" I gasp dramatically making her giggle.
" Two ice creams acchaji kaunse flavours?".
"CHOCOLATE!" She all but screams in my ears.
Laughing I say, " two cups of only chocolate? Aur kuch nahi try karna?"
She goes in a serious thought, her face cutely frowned I cannot keep the smile away as I simply stare at her trying to figure out this problem.
" woh mein aapke ismei se try kar lungi na?" She says proudly.
" Accha bachu acting all smart ha?" I ask her cheekily while tickling her sides just a little to see her squirm all over me.
" maasu no tickling," she says in between her hysterical laughs as I laugh and press a small kiss on her cheek watching her do the same for me.
Aarya Daga meri prettiest niece and the love of my life. Only of 4 years yet she had all our hearts.

                                                                                        ***

"Jiju, aap ko bhi pata hai last time kya hua tha. Mein abhi phirse iske liye ready nahi hoon." I say looking towards both didu and jiju sitting across me, who decided to talk to me about the same thing my parents are continuously asking me to give a chance - Shaadi.

"Mishti, sun toh sahi. I know jo pehle hua uske wajah se you are scared but not everyone is like that na." Di says.

"Ha Mishti try karne mein kya problem hai, in fact pehle jo hua take it as a experience," jiju says, "ab we know na not to be hasty. And this time puri research ke saath bol rahe hai, Accha hai ladka, infact I know his brother in law and sister very well. Nishant Nagori  ladke ka brother in law is a close friend of mine and I have also met the guy once. He was very soft spoken and respectful."

"Jiju ek baari mein toh sab hi acche lagte hai, last time bhi yahi hua tha."

"Mishti bacche last time Jo hua uski wajah se will you stop thinking about your future? Chod de ab jo hua, even I have met this guy he was indeed very respectful also the family is very sweet too. And this time there'll be no pressure take your time and decide," Di says.

" Ha and if you want you can also meet the guy a few times before deciding, he too lives in Bombay," Jiju says.

"I'll share you the biodata, have a look at it, make your mind and take your time then come to a decision." Di says.

"Okay," I said swallowing the anxiety which had begun to form just at the mention of another alliance.

"But there is no guarantee I will be saying yes to this rishta or meeting the boy, and nobody will force me or try to persuade me for the same." I said as I made eye contact with both of them.

"Promise." Jiju says and di blinks her eyes in assurance.

I smile with uncertainty as a small prayer leaves me in hope that whatever happens happens for the best.

                                                                                          ***