Chapter 2

A blonde man was sitting next to one of his closest friends. That said friend was attempting to comfort the blonde in his fuming rage yet teasing him at the same time.

"I mean it was a bit of your fault Kosair. Maybe if you were more civil toward the man he wouldn't have caused us more trouble"

This was not making Kosair's situation better. Just as he was about to retort something back, the door of the small tavern slammed open. Kosair quickly felt his anger vanish as he saw the armored knight of the Eastern Empire Palace. 

The knight looked around the room and once his eyes reached Kosair he rapidly made his way over to him.

"Lord Kosair?"

Kosair hesitantly nodded with a cautious look.

The knight sighed with relief and quickly gave sterned look. "Her highness has asked for your assistance in helping her prevent an ambush against her"

This request drowned out any other thought he had and without thinking twice he responded in a chilling manner.

"Where?"

~

You felt the carriage stop moving and three knocks were heard once more.

"Your highness we are near the area where the bandits were spotted. Are you sure you wish to proceed?" 

You took a small glance out the window looking at the distance from Parme. You saw a group out in the distance quickly approaching. You nodded with a slight smile "we will proceed, it seems help will be here just in time"

The carriage continued with you peacefully waiting for the supposed "surprise" assault. However, the same question still lingered in your mind. 'What kind of fools would make an attack like this?'. It was a bit amusing at least.

You felt the abrupt stop and prepared for any forced entry.

"Protect her highness at all costs!"

A few minutes go by as you hear the sounds of horses. You sneaked a small peek out of your carriage window and managed to see a blonde-haired man. Now, Kosair wasn't a dashing knight in shining armor due to his fighting techniques. But he fought fiercely with his hands alone. Adding a sword to him here would leave this road drenched in blood. Most knew better than to anger the young Lord of the Trovi household.

Blood stained his knuckles, and the expression on his face showed nothing but wrath. You noticed the bodies lying beneath him as he held a man by his collar. How boring it was to be waiting inside watching all the excitement happen from just a few feet away.

You finally stepped out of the carriage. The rest of those who were attempting the ambush were being tied up looking at Kosair with horror. 

"Y-your highness!"

Some of the criminals who were tied fumbled and kneeled quickly. "F-forgive us it was not you who we were attempting to harm"

You lowered yourself down to the man's level. Your eyes slightly narrowed and with a low voice you asked "then who? Answer truthfully and I won't have your blood spilled on this very spot". This was not something you would take lightly, the carriage belonged to the imperial family leading the attack to be aimed at two other people aside from you. The emperor and the empress.

You noticed him tremble and sweat with desperation, this man was a coward. People like him who are in these lines of work use intimidation against those beneath them. They love the feeling of having full control. Putting themselves first until they face those with much higher positions. All to save themselves. Nothing more but disgusting filth.

The man stayed silent.

You simply gave a small smile. You got up and calmly patted down your clothing "Lucien please" 

Your knight drew his sword and walked toward the man. The blade made light contact with the man's neck, almost taunting him. You saw the way his jaw clenched. You almost let out a chuckle, any second now and you would receive your wanted answers. Lucien lifted his sword and stuck it down.

"Duke Lilteang!" The man whose face was looking toward the ground shed tears of fear. He quivered feeling the edge of the sword slightly cut the nape of his neck. You heard one of his associates curse the man.

"There, that was a very simple task wasn't it?"

You mentally sighed, it would seem the duke has landed himself in more trouble once more.

~~~

I apologize for this chapter I wasn't fully done with it but I wanted to post something due to how long it's been and I didn't want to leave you all hanging. Also, let me know what you like Y/N to do after all they are you. Such as how she should handle certain characters *cough* Rashta*cough*. Anyhow take care everyone <3.