Spike Scarlatti - Stubborn

"Boss, the rioters are attacking the car." I heard Spike say through my headset.

"We're coming your way Spike." Sergeant Parker replied. He sent Sam and Wordy out towards the car. I wasn't doing anything so I ran outside too.

A few minutes later I heard Spike's voice again. "Boss it's startin' to feel like a hard days night in here!" He called out. I started to worry. The three of us had reached the exit of the building just in time to see the rioters stop rocking the suv. Instead, one of them busted out the passenger window with a metal bat and threw something inside the car, followed by an explosion. I could see smoke flowing out of the car.

"SPIKE!!" I yelled, my mind and heart were racing.

I sprinted off towards the car, Sam and Wordy right behind me. I had to shove multiple people out of the way.

"SRU! GET OUT OF THE WAY! MOVE IT PEOPLE!" I shouted repeatedly, I could hear Sam yelling as well.

"Hang on Spike, we're coming Buddy!" I shouted. I was so scared. I finally got to the car and slowly managed to get a door open.

"Spike, call out!"

"I'm... here!" He said as loud as he could between coughs.

"C'mon Spike, take my hand." I said as I reached my hand out. Spike took it quickly and held on to it tightly. He was coughing violently and wheezing, I knew he was having a hard time breathing with all the smoke. "It's okay I got you, c'mon." I grabbed his arm and threw it over my shoulder. Sam made a path for us and Wordy covered our backs as we traveled back inside the building.

Once we all got to a safe space, I had Spike sit down and take a minute to try and get some air in his lungs. "Let's get him some oxygen." I heard someone say. "I'm fine, the walk up here did me some good." He replied.

Sam and Wordy had gotten called upstairs, leaving us by ourselves.

I took a good look at Spike and took notice of all the cuts on his face from the window being smashed. A few of them  had some tiny glass shards in them.

I called an EMT over to us to check him out, but Spike waved her off, saying he didn't need any medical assistance.

"Spike, you need to be looked at."

"I'm fine." He rasped.

"No you're not, you're bleeding."

"Sir, you should really-" The paramedic tried saying.

"I said I'm fine! I don't need-" He snapped, but he fell into another coughing fit.

I kneeled down in front of him. "Spike breathe. Hey it's okay, just breath."

After a minute, he'd managed to stop coughing but he still refused treatment.

"You know what, if you won't let her look at you then let me do it."

"What?"

"You heard me."

"(Y/N) I told you, I don't need help."

"Michelangelo." I warned.

"Fine damnit." He sighed.

"Could I have that first aid kit please?" I asked the medic. She nodded and handed it to me. "I'll get him fixed up." I assured her, she nodded before walking away.

"Why you gotta be so difficult sometimes Mikey?" I sighed. I sat on the bench beside him and opened the first aid kit.

"I-I'm sorry okay?" Spike frowned.