A Trip With Howard

The name Howard Stark shouldn't be unfamiliar with anyone, unless of course you've been living under a rock your entire life.

 Genius, and a millionaire with a cool pool. Yes, the only thing from his mansion in LA, the thing I mostly cared for in the house was the pool. I love, love, love swimming. So it should be no surprise when I say it's my favorite thing there. That and his pet flamingo.

Sometimes if I'm lucky he'll let me watch him do stuff in his lab, which sometimes can be exciting, but for the majority, it's just him asking Jarvis to bring him some expensive alcohol drink. Occasionally Jarvis will be nice enough and bring me an apple juice. God bless that man's soul.

Packing my bags for the little trip to LA wouldn't be difficult, considering he basically had all you would need for a stay, but I just packed my little essentials, such as my stuffed owl, who I named Koutarou. My journal, and my tiny camera, that I could put around my neck, that my mum had gifted me for my 8th birthday.

On the way to the airport, the roads were as busy as ever, cars flying by you every which way, getting to their desired destinations. But that's normal considering it's Brooklyn. Even on the weekdays.

Once at the airport I could see people walking, or running, to presumably catch their flights to only God knows where. I hadn't even noticed Howard had come up to lead me to our desired aircraft, until mum had given me a light shove to my shoulder. 

Looking up, I had seen Howard looking at me with a small smile. "What am I, chopped liver? It's been what, 5 months since you last saw me?" He looked at me with a grin.

"I don't know, I'd lost count a long time ago, but I do know that it has been long overdue since the last time I saw you." I ran up and gave him a hug, to which he reciprocated. 

"You know you're probably my favorite kid from Peggy." I heard him say.

"But I'm her only kid?" I questioned for a second, looking at my mum.

"Exactly." He looked at me and laughed a bit. "The look on your face was priceless."

"That wasn't very nice, Howard!" I smacked him on the arm to get my point across.

 "Okay stop fighting you two, or I'll finish it for you." She said looking at both of us. Our responses were somewhere along the lines  of "Yes, mum." and "Yes, mam." I love my mum, but she can be scary sometimes.

Howard looked at his watch, and a look of urgency appeared on his facial features. "Sorry, Peg, but we gotta get going, or else we'll miss our flight!" He said as he grabbed my wrist and started jogging to our flight before it departed. I waved my mum goodbye, and she simply blew me a kiss in response, as I saw her walk off into the crowd, getting lost in the void of people.

Howard knew me too well, as he gave me the window seat. I looked out of it and I could see countless other flights getting ready for takeoff. The flight attendant came over to offer us some snacks, to which I chose pretzels. What? It's a classic.

My moment of bliss while enjoying my pretzels didn't last long, because Howard began flirting with the flight attendant. So much for that.

I decided to just try and get some sleep. Although I knew this was going to be a long 6 hours. I turned my gaze over to the flight attendant to ask her a question. "Would you guys have any magazines per chance?"

She stopped looking at Howard for a moment to give me a reply. I could see just a tiny bit of blush on the woman's cheeks. "Why, of course. Is there any specific magazine genre you may want?" 

"Surprise me please. Thank you." I said looking back at the window, as I heard her walk away. She returned about a minute and thirty seconds later with a magazine, that seemed about history? Hm, well it's better than nothing. She handed it to me, and then returned to the crew rest compartment.

"She seemed nice, don't you think, Blaire?" Howard looked at me for confirmation. 

"Two things: first off, I wasn't really listening, I was zoning out. Sorry about that. Secondly, Howard, do you have to flirt with every woman you lay your eyes upon?" I said with a laugh.

I returned my gaze back to the magazine, to then again, guess what. None other than America's favorite war hero; Captain America. It's like I just can't get away from him. Hell, he's literally dead. I would like to think it's just a crazy coincidence. I mean it's not that unlikely, right?

"Born in the year 1918, Steven Rogers is now known as the U.S's biggest hero of the century" Then it just went on to explain the history of where his journey began. It also mentioned his friendship with James Barnes, also known as Bucky, and the Howling Commandos.

But what caught my eye was a picture of a clip of a mission, with a compass. Which I know at first doesn't seem like that big of a detail. But it was what was inside of the compass that made me have wide eyes. Was that my mother?! I mean I know she said she worked with him, but did the captain himself have a crush on her? That's almost funny to think about. The things you notice when you pay attention. 

I then heard soft snores coming from my right side. I looked over only to find Howard fast asleep. Damn. Did he pass out that quickly? 

I tried to stay awake for the two of us, but I found myself getting somewhat of a feeling of a drowsiness wash over me as well.

Laying my head on Howard's shoulder, I found a sense of peace and calm, so I closed my eyes and let the sensation of exhaustion take over my body, in what we call sleep.

A/N: It appears Blaire is too oblivious to find out that Steve is her father :) Anyway, enjoy!