"Um - about that-" Thor trailed.

"Thor. Your people need a king."

"No, they already have one."

"That's funny. You're being serious?"

Thor nodded. "It's time for me to be who I am rather than who I'm supposed to be. But you, you're a leader. That's who you are."

"You know I'd make a lot of changes around here."

"I'm counting on it. Your Majesty." He offered Valkyrie a farewell handshake.

"What will you do?"

"I'm not sure. For the first time in a thousand years, I-I have no path. I do have a ride, though."

---

The Benatar was parked on the cliff.

"Move it or lose it, hairbag," Rocket ordered.

Quill searched for Gamora on the screen and as Thor walked in, he closed it.

"Well, here we are," Thor said. "Tree! Good to see you. Well-" He removed his shades and tapped Quill on the shoulder. "The Asgardians of the Galaxy, back together again. Where to first?" He touched the screen's map to pick their destination.

"Hey, just so you know, this is my ship still," Quill reminded Thor. "I'm in charge."

"I know. I know. Of course, you are. Of course."

"See, you say of course, but then you touch the map. It makes me think that maybe you didn't realize I was in charge."

"Quail - you - that - that's your own-"

"Quail?"

"-insecurities in there. Okay? I'm merely trying to be of service and assisting."

"It's Quill."

"That's what I said."

"You should fight one another for the honor of leadership," Drax suggested.

"Sounds fair," Nebula agreed.

Quill looked around before saying, "It's not necessary."

"It's not," Thor replied.

"Okay?"

"I got some blasters, unless you guys wanna use knives," Rocket told them.

"Ooh, yes," Mantis said enthusiastically. "Please, use knives."

"Yeah, knives," Drax agreed.

"I am Groot," Groot said.

Both Thor and Quill laughed, but Quill tried to laugh harder.

"Not necessary..." Quill told him.

"There shall be no knifing one another," Thor stated. "Everybody knows who's in charge."

Quill glanced at Thor. "Me, right?"

"Yes, you. Of course. Of course. Of course." He silently pointed to himself.

TONY'S FUNERAL

"Now, remember - You have to return the Stones to the exact moment you got them," Bruce instructed. "Or you're gonna open up a bunch of nasty alternative realities."

"Don't worry, Bruce," Steve reassured. "Clip all the branches."

"You know, I tried. When I had the gauntlet, the Stones. I really tried to bring her back." He looked at Steve. "I miss her, man."

"Me too."

"You know, if you want, Gia or I can come with you," Sam offered.

"You're a good man, Sam. This one's on me, though." He walked up to Bucky. "Don't do anything stupid 'till I get back."

"How can I?" Bucky replied. "You're taking all the stupid with you."

The two hugged each other.

"Gonna miss you, buddy."

"It's gonna be okay, Buck,"

Steve went toward the Quantum portal, donning the Quantum suit.

"How long is this gonna take?" Sam asked.

"For him?" Bruce questioned. "As long as he needs. For us? Five seconds." Steve picked up 2013!Mjölnir. "Ready, Cap? All right. We'll meet you back here, okay?"

"You bet," Steve answered.

"Going quantum. Three, two, one-" Steve disappeared into the Quantum portal. "And returning in, five, four, three, two, one-" Steve didn't appear on the pad and Bruce looked around the equipment.

"Where is he?" Sam and Gianna asked.

"I don't know. He blew right by his time stamp. He should be here."

Bucky turned from the pad.

"Well, get him back," Sam demanded.

"I'm trying," Bruce told him.

"Get him the hell back!"

"Hey, I said, I'm trying!"

"Sam, Gia..." Bucky called.

Sam and Gianna walked toward Bucky. Sam, Bucky, Bruce and Gianna saw an old looking Steve sitting on a log. Sam, Bucky and Gianna moved near him.

"Go ahead," Bucky said.

Bucky had a smile forming and looked over to Sam and Gianna who walked toward the old man, instantly recognizing him to be an elderly Steve Rogers.

"Cap?" Sam and Gianna questioned.

"Hi, Sam. Hi, Gia," Old Steve greeted, looking at him.

"So did something go wrong, or did something go right?" Sam asked.

"Well, after I put the Stones back, I thought, maybe I'll try some of that life Tony was telling me to get."

"How'd that work out for you?"

"It was beautiful."

"I'm happy for you. Truly."

"Thank you."

"Only thing bumming me out is the fact I have to live in a world without Captain America."

"Oh, that reminds me." He pulled out his shield. "Try it on."

Sam looked over to Bucky, who nodded, and Sam held Steve's shield.

"How does it feel?" Old Steve asked.

"Like it's someone else's," Sam replied.

"It isn't."

Sam tried to hold back tears. "Thank you. I'll do my best."

"That's why it's yours." He shook Sam's hand.

Sam noticed elderly Steve's wedding ring. "You wanna tell me or Gia about her?"

Old Steve smiled. "No. No, I don't think I will."

Gianna smiled. "Congrats, Steve." She turned to Sam and pulled out a silver ring. "Marry me?"

"I should be asking you," Sam said.

"Women can propose too. Sam?"

Sam nodded. "I'll marry you." He took the ring and placed it on her finger. "I can't believe you proposed with your grandmother's ring."

She shrugged and laughed. "I mean, it's spur of the moment."

"Yeah, it is." He kissed her and she wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly.

Bucky and Old Steve smiled at the couple.

"Congrats, you two," Old Steve said.

Bucky nodded. "Congratulations."

Gianna smiled, looking at her friends. "Thanks, guys."

---

Steve had time-traveled back to the 1940s to be with Peggy Carter. They danced to It's Been a Long, Long Time by Harry James and His Orchestra, sung by Kitty Kallen, written by Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne. The two ended their dance with a kiss.