Chapter 16- "Is There Something On My Face?"

Start from the beginning

The pair had finally reached the door that led to the surveillance room. Rory noted that this particular room was starting to become a second home to her in that they frequented it more than any place in the park.

Catman led Rory in first, following right after her and closing the door.

Rory could feel the heavy discussion coming when he walked towards her and carefully took the Rock of Kissteria from her hand and placed it on the pedestal they left behind earlier.

"Now, are you going to tell me what was on your mind earlier?"

Taking a deep breath, Rory began to let her worries out.

"I was thinking about my mom," Rory began, but soon paused.

Catman reached out and re-captured Rory's hand. He could see the worry behind her eyes. In an attempt to help her relax, he started massaging the back of her hand with his thumb.

This seemed to work, because Rory was able to continue.

"I have been so overwhelmed with everything. Meeting you and your band. Running into the witch. Learning about my past and how I am from Kissteria. I haven't had much time to really think about her until now."

Rory's eyes flitted over to where the Rock was sitting.

"I think I am starting to remember her. I've had these dreams ever since I can remember, or at least as long as I've been left here on Earth. But now I know that they were memories, not dreams."

A small smile appeared on Rory's face as her train of thought shifted.

"I don't feel any anger at her for abandoning me. I know deep down that she did it to protect me. I may not remember every detail about her yet, but I am thankful to at least know she cared for me. I hope that I find her one day."

"Or that 'we' find her one day."

Rory felt a earth blossom in her chest at Catman's words, causing her smile to brighten even more.

"When this is all over, I will help you find your mother."

Rory crashed into Catman's chest, causing his eyes to widen comically in surprise. He felt her arms wrap tightly around his waist and her head resting against his chest. Catman snaked his arms around Rory as well, reciprocating her hug instantly.

There was so much more to that hug than any they had shared with anyone before. Rory was so grateful to have met a guy like Catman, who would help her, without any strings attached, find her mother. Catman on the other hand used this moment to show Rory that she would never truly be alone. He would follow her to the ends of the earth, despite having just met. They both knew that they were more to each other than words could describe.

"Rory."

The brunette turned her head upwards in response to Catman softly calling her name.

Before she could even meet his eyes, Rory felt soft lips make contact with her own.

It took no time at all for Rory to melt into the kiss. If Rory was sure of anything, she was sure that meeting Catman and inevitability falling for him just felt right.

The kiss ended sooner than the two would have liked, but they knew that they had a job to do. Before they pulled away from each other completely, Catman rested his forehead on Rory's and looked deeper into her eyes, smiling wider than ever before.

"Are you ready to kick a witch's butt?"

A chuckle escaped out of Rory's chest at Catman's choice of words.

"I'm ready."
__________________________
Present

Those thoughts swirled through Catman's mind as soon as they shot from the portal to hear Rory's screams.

Luckily for the Scooby-gang, they were focused on Rory rather than the drummer behind them. If they would have seen his face in that moment, their souls would have left their bodies out of fright.

Catman's face had twisted into a terrifying snarl, eyes of green trained solely on the Witch's form. If the Crimson Witch was anyone else, she would have crumbled under the intense dagger-like gaze.

Starchild rested his hand on Catman's shoulder, not out of reassurance, but a silent promise that he and their band was going to take down the Witch and save Rory. At any cost.

___________________________

Ahhh! So sweet <3

Sorry for the mini hiatus guys ! But it's about to get intense!